Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic Wifi, Nook Color (rooted)
upgrade to 1.4.1 on NC using CM7 on SD card

The last few months I've been using my NC with the stock 1.3.0 software and CM7 installed on a SD card when I want to use that. This combination has been working out as I load up the stock software for reading and then occasionally use the SD card for more tablet use.

I just followed the directions on BN.com to update the software to 1.4.1 but when it booted back up after the update it just got stuck on a black screen with the green android guy with a exclamation point in a triangle over his head. Good news is it restarted back to 1.3.0 so I am still able to use the device like before. I do want the 1.4.1 update though so am trying to figure out how to do that. Has anyone else come across something like this or know what I should do to get that update?

Some googling didn't find an answer, although saw a post saying it is probably due to Clockwork Recovery being installed on the NC's internal memory.
Rjl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Just a guess but if you pull the SD card and then do the upgrade to 1.4.1 and then start up without the card in it probably will flash the update. Then just put your SD card in and start in CM7 or stock.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic Wifi, Nook Color (rooted)
Thanks for the response, but that is what I had tried with no luck. I hadn't even used the SD card with CM7 for a couple weeks before hand.

Any other ideas?
Rjl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Well first off if you were running CM7 off an SD card on a stock Nook I don't see how you could see anything to do with the android logo.

Are you sure you didn't root CM7 onto your Nooks internal memory?

If you didn't and the SD card was not in the Nook don't see how you could see the CM logo
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
At some point while using CM7 on the card, you went into the ROM Manager application and chose "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery," which didn't appear to do anything, but in fact installed ClockworkMod to the recovery partition of your NC, which interferes with the update process. Your simplest option would probably be to flash 1.4.1 from CWM. First, flash CWM again(as above) to make sure it's current.

Grab the last file from the OP of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1253525

Put the file on a SD card (your CM7 card will not work, unless you format it with SDFormatter first), then boot into ClockworkMod using this method:
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen
hold nook N key and then press and hold power until the "Loading..." message appears and then disappears with screen going blank. Release power button, then press it again and hold for ~5 seconds, the bootloader "Loading..." message should be on the screen for three seconds or so before you release power button, keep holding N button until screen blanks again. If the screen went off while you were holding the power key, that means you were holding it for too long
Volume keys move you up and down, power is "back" and 'n' is "select."

Under "Install zip from SD card," "Choose zip from SD card" and choose the file mentioned above.

When the update finishes, hold the power button until the NC shuts off, then turn it back on. CWM should be gone and 1.4.1 installed.

Last edited by taosaur; 01-21-2012 at 12:53 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert