Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
ThatAdamGuy
ThatAdamGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Eager to get feedback on read/delete flow for Kindle 3

Hi there,

I just got my Kindle today and have been absolutely delighted with both the device and Calibre! Also, I've been especially pleased to see how so many of the news/site recipes result in excellent reading experiences on my Kindle via the email-to-kindle option.

However, I'm unclear on the optimum flow for reading, then deleting/archiving. And since I just got my kindle and automatedly emailed the articles to my kindle (rather than waiting 'til the scheduled fetch time), I'm not even sure what'll happen when a new version of each daily periodical gets fetched.

On a similar note, am I correct in assuming that once I've read and wish to no longer have articles on my kindle, I need to either:
- manually delete them one by one on the kindle
OR
- hook up my Kindle to my computer via USB and then delete one or more at a time via Calibre?

There's no automated way to delete either read or more-than-x-days-old articles on my Kindle, right?

Thanks very much in advance for shedding some light on this (even if it's to tell me to RTFM and point me to something I missed in the Calibre manual, or a thread here I overlooked). Thanks also to Kovid for making this great program!
ThatAdamGuy is offline   Reply With Quote