Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-09-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Dual display e-book device showcased by Toshiba

The engineers at Toshiba's labs must have been inspired by the Nintento DS, for the idea of a dual-screen gadget is not new. Dubbed the "Dual Display PDA (e-book)", the concept device looks anything but a PDA, but more like an ultra portable notebook where the keyboard has been replaced with a second screen. It sure catches attention, though I doubt that with the draining force of two displays battery life would win any marathon there. Arving USA provides us with some more photos shot during the IFA 2006 exhibit.

[via David at TeleRead]
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I can see e-books using two screens in the future but this is not it. Heavy, hot, and you are right about the battery. Plus, WinCE. Make it with eInk and they may have something.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift
I can see e-books using two screens in the future but this is not it. Heavy, hot, and you are right about the battery. Plus, WinCE. Make it with eInk and they may have something.
You're right.
No e-ink, no bother. That thing is already antiquated!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I remember that the first dual screen ebook reader is panasonic "sigmabook" which losed the market due to the weight of dual screen, the quality of display, etc.

This Toshiba conceptual device uses slow WinCE and battery-consuming LCD... I agree with you.

Last edited by segatang; 09-10-2006 at 02:06 AM.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote