Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
And365
And365 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Problems with kobo aura after latest update

Arrgggg

So after the last update I've been having plenty of issues. First after the update it did not load and I had to reset it a bunch of times before it allowed me to do a factory update.

When I try to sideload my epub files on the device like before (which worked wonderfully before the update) new issues crop up. It seems to load onto the device ok, but when I disconnect the kobo from my computer and the device goes into "processing content" mode it takes forever and never seems to finish that step.

What should I do? I contacted kobo and they seem rather useless. They did mention I should download adobe digital edition which seems silly since I had no issue before just sideloading the books onto the device.
And365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sounds like a corrupt database. Easiest thing to try is from settings | account select sign out next to the Kobo account.

You will have to redo the setup but you will not need to reapply the updates.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
And365

Ive done about three factory resets already
Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by And365 View Post
When I try to sideload my epub files on the device like before (which worked wonderfully before the update) new issues crop up. It seems to load onto the device ok, but when I disconnect the kobo from my computer and the device goes into "processing content" mode it takes forever and never seems to finish that step.
The processing step has taken far longer pretty much for all the 3.x.x firmwares. With ~2000 books on my Aura HD, I will start the processing, plug the reader into a USB charger and leave it overnight.

Why the processing takes so much longer now is a question for which I have not gotten any answer much less a satisfactory one.

The saving grace for the 3.x.x firmwares is that startup with a large number of books on an external uSD card is much faster now.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
And365

Ok I guess I'll try to do it overnight then. Very frustrating though.
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
And365

I did just try loading books with that adobe program (which is garbage) and still getting the same slow processing content message. Overnight loading it is
Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Loading epub's into the database will be the same speed regardless of whether they have been added by calibre OR ADE. Either case the Kobo has to scan the file system, look for epubs that have not been added to the database and add them to the database.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
And365

Stupid question I plugged my microsd card into the kobo, how do I access those files?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
And365

When I hit the SYNC button it takes forever as well
Old 05-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Stupid question I plugged my microsd card into the kobo, how do I access those files?
Books on the SD card get processed into the library in exactly the same way as books in the main memory. When using the device, there is no way to tell where they are.
Quote:
When I hit the SYNC button it takes forever as well
That at least partly depends on the speed of your net connection and how many books you have from Kobo. But, there are various phases in the sync. The phase is displayed at the top of the screen if you are on the home screen. Is there one that takes a particularly long time?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #11
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
How long is "forever", and have you tried with known-clean books? A dud book can hang on processing. Try different books, and try running them through an epub-to-epub conversion first.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura