Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #31
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
i have Nitro Pdf Professional. Up until now i only used it to crop headers and page numbers from PDFs. The other day i used it to convert (cropped) pdf to RTF... Excellent results. I believe that converting that RTF to MOBI by Calibre would produce infinitely better results than straight Calibre PDF to MOBI.
I did not try it.. what i did was, I saved that RTF to filtered HTML in Word 2010. Then i used wordoff.org to remove all Word generated garbage from that HTML and then imported that HTML to Calibre and only then converted to MOBI. I believe what i got in the end is better than many Amazon's Kindle editions.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #32
duceduc
duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
starko,

I am trying your method and am confuse on how to use wordoff.org. I filtered the rtf file to html(filtered). I got one folder and a htm file. How do I let wordoff do it's job? Thanks.
duceduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You need to copy the contents of your HTML file into the text edit area in wordoff.org.
Walkthrough:
1. Open your new (filtered) html file with a simple text editor: not Word or similar but with notepad or it's equivalent on your operating system (TextEdit on Mac. But go to the Format menu and choose "Make Plain Text")
2. Select, copy and paste all the html code into wordoff.org text area.
3. Press "Clean up" button
5. Select, copy and paste all the new html code into your text editor
6. save the file
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #34
benj
benj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
PDF2LRF download

How can I download the conversion program?
benj is offline   Reply With Quote