Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Adeel, do you have a Kindle 1 or a Kindle 2?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
amoln82
amoln82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How do I download PDF2LRF?
The link shows that the file is removed by administrator
amoln82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
amoln82
amoln82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
never mind my above post

Have another question
In he second step PNG2PDF I encounter the following error:

Error Failed to open PDF file:
PDFs\*.pdf
Errors encountered. No output created.
Done. Input errors, so no output created

How can I solve that. A reply is really appreciated

Last edited by amoln82; 07-28-2009 at 07:27 PM.
amoln82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #19
Pradiphk
Pradiphk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
Anybody help me to downlaod the PDF2LRF Dos version. I am not able to download the files from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135. The files are taken down I guess. Please help.
Pradiphk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
zh_mn
zh_mn began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
can sony prs 600 use this toos? tks
zh_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #21
seiji
seiji began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle international
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoln82 View Post
never mind my above post

Have another question
In he second step PNG2PDF I encounter the following error:

Error Failed to open PDF file:
PDFs\*.pdf
Errors encountered. No output created.
Done. Input errors, so no output created

How can I solve that. A reply is really appreciated
Hi, I also have the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution, mate?

I got a Kindle to read science papers (I'm a uni student in Australia) and haven't been able to read equations on it... kinda sad... I wish the Amazon team would fix this glitch already.
seiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #22
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

For all the open source junkies, if you have Ghostscript on your machine you can work with PDF using both ImageMagick and GIMP.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #23
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Am I missing something here, or are you just converting PDFs to static images and then repackaging them as pdfs? You can do this already (acrobat, print -> advanced -> print as image (select your dpi, default is 300, kindle native will be 150 for dx, 166 for k3) then select for printer, adobe pdf) - may have to fix print size to get it native on the kindle, something around the 5x7 area, and it will give you a pdf of images of the document. This will, of course make a 4mb textbook of 500 pages, about 200mb (retarded). It also will not be searchable, unless you run acrobat's OCR function using EXACT ocr, which will introduce errors into search functions (not many, but some).

Using other programs (pdf2html) will not preserve images properly in complex documents, as it confuses metacontent, and has no way to export images. Instead it makes random assumptions and gives you pretty horrid results. Adobe acrobat's export to HTML does a better job, but it still garbles complex images and pdfs with lots of tables/columns.

And for all of you people worshiping mobipocket creator, please stop. Mobipocket creator is a horrible, horrible piece of software. It does not handle PDFs properly. It really barely even handles character encoding properly. All HTML conversion that is done from PDFs uses PDF2HTML and is chock full of errors. Try it out on some complex documents before posting here.

IF you have no official software and only freeware stuff, use this

Adobe acrobat reader (free), you can still print as image I believe (advanced, print as image)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ (printer for packaging PDFS)
now then, any thing you print -> PDF package, it will prompt you to install ghostscript, do it.

When you print with PDF creator, a box will pop up allowing you to configure it, you can manipulate the PDF settings, change compression, and other stuff, so go ahead if you want.

If you have all of the PNG images opened in another program (some image viewer program) and you have them modified, and they are all ordered, go print -> pdf creator, it will package them in a PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doremi View Post
... PDF Converter ... Converter let you batch convert ...
Really? This looks like it's just spam tied in with black hat seo.. I really hope nobody buys this junk.

Last edited by curstpriest; 10-26-2010 at 07:48 AM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #24
buddha
buddha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi

Hello

I new at this and I have a kindle, work with pdf files.

Buddha
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #25
kun1980
kun1980 began at the beginning.

tHANKS!
kun1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
SolarCoy
Akelous
SolarCoy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I want to convert very large pdf documents that are provided by software vendors as documentation so I can easily read them on the Kindle. Silly me, that's why I bought the Kindle, or at least how I rationalized it. To say that Kindle "handles" pdf files is pretty much a joke. I want something that will break down the pdf page formatting so I can scan pages quickly but keep the tables intact, keep "thumbnails", the table of contents and it's jump tags, the jump tags in the text etc. I've got thousands of pages and I need to be able to navigate. It would be great to have it all in a book reader but I'm not feeling that thats what I've got right now. I've scanned over the threads here and I'll be trying some stuff but does anybody got any new thoughts, particularly about navigation? Any new software versions out there? I guess I'm asking a lot.
SolarCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #27
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I recommend that you try Duokan. With "manual trim" and "smart layout" you can view pdf's on Kindle much better than with the default OS. It is very easy to install, and doesn't affect the Kindle OS.

http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105316

I don't bother coverting pdf's now, I just load them on my Kindle and use Duokan to view them.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
tinpusher
tinpusher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I need PDF2LRF and have searched my favorite torrent sites unsuccessfully. Any hints?
tinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #29
lyric
Enthusiast
lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Tinpusher - try using Calibre. It can do this conversion well, and is free. (See the Calibre subforum here at MR).
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
duceduc
duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.

Can someone assist me on converting pdf to read on kindle 3? I got a copy of pdflrf dos version and have converted to .zip. However, when I try the second step, I can an error.

The link on step 2 mentioned we need imagemagik installed. I found a link on how to install it for windows but run into some issue.
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/install-source.php

I do not understand the instruction fully as I received some errors 'building' the source code. Is there an .exe file for imagemagic without having to use visual studios?

I got the kindle 3 mainly for reading pdf files but the files I have need to be coverted for better readability. Thank you.
duceduc is offline   Reply With Quote