Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoyd View Post
Very tempting - but more with reference to the non-leather ones like the Latitude and the Trip. The former especially might be useful for cycling tours! In the meantime, I've ordered one from Cover-up in the UK. Very simple and straightforward for everyday. Thanks for the pointer though.
anytime! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #62
custard
custard began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Covers? I build my own covers, for all readers I own…

I can also create a cover for all Kindle model

Luke
nice work!
I've seen a few hand-made covers but these are the nicest I've seen so far.
I will have a go at making one for my Kindle (arrives next week!) as I rather like making things.
custard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #63
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
After looking at the retail covers at Amazon and seeing how much they all cost I went with the make your own cover using djulian's Instructables article. Thank you to my wife, she did all the work I'm a huge comic fan so this cover is all about me!

Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #64
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
wow! pretty clever!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #65
Stevo
Stevo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
After looking at the retail covers at Amazon and seeing how much they all cost I went with the make your own cover using djulian's Instructables article. Thank you to my wife, she did all the work I'm a huge comic fan so this cover is all about me!

Awesome covers!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #66
janeb
janeb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Weight of leather cover?

Hi all
Am almost ready to order my Kindle and have 2 questions: does the leather cover with the light make the Kindle much heavier? Would it make a big difference to get a different cover - though I think I'd like a light. The other question may need to go to a different thread, but I'll try anyway: I have read with some concern about the issue of the keyboard letters wearing off quickly. As I'm buying from Australia, I don't really want to be returning my Kindle - so should I get a white one? Are there fewer issues with the keys on the white ones?
Thanks in anticipation of your help
janeb
janeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #67
thorn
Connoisseur
thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.

Device: currently: ipod touch
@janeb: hi. me again. i recommend listening to the 12/24 installment of the podcast 'the kindle chronicles' for a decent discussion of the lighted cover. the non-lighted k3 cover i ordered for the k3 i bought my husband weighs 6 oz. w/o kindle. (just threw it onto the kitchen scale.) amazon reports the shipping weight of the lighted cover as 15 oz, and the shipping weight of the unlighted one as 13.4 oz. (reported weights include packaging.) it looks like the light adds 1.6 oz to the weight. not much at all! seems like the total weight will be about 7.6 oz. i wish i'd ordered the lighted cover for my husband's k3. it seems great not to have to worry about batteries dying in the middle of a paragraph, or corroding when not in use.

Last edited by thorn; 01-01-2011 at 03:37 AM.
thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #68
ahmadnz
ahmadnz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi everyone, could someone please advise me on any significant differences between the Amazon Kindle DX Cover "Mark I" and the new Amazon Kindle DX Cover "Mark II"?

Will either of them be suitable for my Kindle DX 1st generation?

And do either of them offer better/worse protection or any features over the other?

Thanks!!
ahmadnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #69
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I rarely see the covers from Octovo mentioned around here. Granted their K3 ones haven't come out yet, but the last gen seemed really nice and got good reviews from the fancy-cover crowd.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #70
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I got a second Kindle + Oberoncover to match. Black +Red Wild Roses: a bit medieval and gothic, and luxurious.
They're very sturdy, can be folded back, which for the iPad (Avenue of Trees) is very handy.

Last edited by desertblues; 02-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #71
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here's my homemade cover.

Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #72
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here's what I made...

Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #73
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
Here's what I made...

can't see them?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkDad View Post
I have the custom leather case pictured below. Words cannot describe how happy I am with it. Here is a link to an earlier post with info/lots of pictures.

But where is the cover for your Kindle? Without a cover, you risk damage. That sleeve won't fit with a cover on it. So if you are unable to return that sleeve, consider the money spent a lesson learned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post

Cool avatar! I wonder how many old geeks like myself are around to recognize the source.
I know the source of that avatar.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote