Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2023, 10:50 PM   #1
nygren
nygren began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to invoke relaunchx on Glowlight 3

Hello everybody. I a a newbie. I had a Nook Glow light Plus and the screen broke. I was able to get a locked Glowlight 3 online and trying to install KOReader. I was able to install Relaunchx but I did not get the option to change bootloaders. Now, when ever I reboot m device i am taken to the B&N welcome screen. How do I get the launcher to work so I can install the reader? Thanks!
nygren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM   #2
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygren View Post
Hello everybody. I a a newbie. I had a Nook Glow light Plus and the screen broke. I was able to get a locked Glowlight 3 online and trying to install KOReader. I was able to install Relaunchx but I did not get the option to change bootloaders. Now, when ever I reboot m device i am taken to the B&N welcome screen. How do I get the launcher to work so I can install the reader? Thanks!
When you say "change bootloaders" do you mean "select launcher"?

If so you may have accidentally missed that. One option might be to install another launcher, something like https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320940

Then reboot and hope to see the selection option. You can uninstall what you don't want after you get things set up right.
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:06 AM   #3
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
You can start an specific activity from adb:

Code:
adb shell am start -n your.package.name/.ActivityName
I use simple ink launcher, and the command would be:

Code:
adb shell am start -n org.ds.simple.ink.launcher/.LauncherMainActivity
You can dump your package to find out the activity to be launched.
plainbriny is offline   Reply With Quote