Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
rainshine
rainshine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Error communicating with device (Kobo)

Hi,

I've been getting "Error communication with device" on my Calibre when I try to send books to my Kobo Aura.

I've tried factory resetting the device, and the error is still ongoing. It doesn't happen with every book, but I get it when I'm sending books that previously existed on my Aura with no problems.

Here's what the error message says:

Quote:
calibre, version 2.50.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to find obfuscation key

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 294, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1918, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 184, in _modify_epub
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1016, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1133, in process_encryption
ObfuscationKeyMissing: Failed to find obfuscation key
I've tried searching these forums but haven't found a resolution.

Thanks in advance!
rainshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That is not a fault with the device. The problem is happening while the KoboTouchExtended driver is doing its work. It has to open the book to make the changes to convert it to a kepub. The book appears to have an embedded font that is obfuscated. Unfortunately, the obfuscation key for the font can't be found. Without seeing the book, I can't say anything else about why this would be the case.

I suggest you report this in the extended driver thread. The error with the book won't be fixable there, but, the error can be caught and treated like other encrypted books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura