Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #5386
red_phoenix
Best Wishes for 2015
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Please post some pictures when you get it. I really would like one, but as I still have two (hidden) limited edition Mass Effect prints, as well as another N7 jacket on the way that I'll have to hide from wifey somewhere, I'd be dead meat if I ordered a big map, signed or not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Oh, is it a big map? OOOOOOPS, I am dead meat now. My wifey needs to let me get a frame for it to hang. Just finished order, now waiting for February to receive it.

If you want it signed, you need to hide the order by the 24th - that is the deadline to get it signed. You know you want to - it will be only $46.75 with shipping and all. You know you want to. Go get it, you have enough to explain already, what difference is a little map going to make.
Quote:

Stop it, you!
The only reason that I can't order it, (getting in trouble notwithstanding) is because I have zero wallspace left in the mancave for another frame, what with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Mass Effect and LOTR framed prints occupying every wall. I'm not allowed to hang nerd pictures up in the house proper, but the basement is mine, all mine!
Although, maybe I could mount the map on the coffee table with a sheet of plexi over it... Hmmmmmm...

Side note, man those Element symbols under the Alera legend look awesome!
Show your wife these posts and explain how you succumbed to peer pressure.

You didn't want to be the only one of your friends without a map.
red_phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #5387
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Anyone already read FireFight from Brandon Sanderson? I must say I enjoyed it more than the first book, Steelheart. To bad we have to wait for spring 2016 for the last part.

Superhero (well, sort of) stories are scarce and good ones even scarcer. If you can pick it up, I would recommend it.
I got it like the day it came out -- it was brilliant and reminded me of every reason I love his books.

Pretty cool reveal about Calamity.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #5388
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I got it like the day it came out -- it was brilliant and reminded me of every reason I love his books.

Pretty cool reveal about Calamity.
Yes, one part made sense and could be predicted
Spoiler:
although I initially though it would be a satellite
, but that whole scene was pretty interesting.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #5389
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you gotten Mitosis yet?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #5390
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2. Also an iPad mini.
Cool Jim on Twitter...

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #5391
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Sigh. I'd suggest a new countdown for Dec.31 as the next goal for Peace Talks, but it's not as much fun without Godmother.

(Also, we'd have to deal with "nah nah nah. this is stupid, you don't know the date of the next book's release. I'm no fun at parties. Nah nah nah" comments.)
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:48 AM   #5392
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

I am more than happy to count down anyway.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:30 AM   #5393
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Have you gotten Mitosis yet?
Yup, that was a fun story and had some importance as well. Nothing that could not be derived from FireFight, but still.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #5394
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Kincaid

[click on the graphic for a larger size]

Kincaid by Kellhound1365.dev...on @DeviantArt

Old 01-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #5395
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Sigh. I'd suggest a new countdown for Dec.31 as the next goal for Peace Talks, but it's not as much fun without Godmother.

(Also, we'd have to deal with "nah nah nah. this is stupid, you don't know the date of the next book's release. I'm no fun at parties. Nah nah nah" comments.)
Nah nah nah, I will countdown to February 14th 2016 instead.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #5396
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Fan art

Old 01-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #5397
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Fan art

[click on the graphic for a larger size]

Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #5398
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:

Didn't know that Bob and Mister are so cozy. But then if Bob is inside the cat, the cat doesn't care much.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 AM   #5399
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Jim on Twitter...

Old Today, 09:34 AM   #5400
red_phoenix
Best Wishes for 2015
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

red_phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy