Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
biblioOz
biblioOz began at the beginning.

Device: nook
New screen

Hi there, I hope this is the right area to put this post in!
I have a Sony Reader PRS 505 with a damaged screen and I'm looking into the options available to repair it rather than simply putting it in the beautiful, defunct objects corner.
Firstly,the options are to leave it and sit down and cry, buy another and be part of the 'throw away' culture or follow the manual and attempt a repair if I can source a non working 2nd hand one with an undamaged screen or a spare part screen that does not cost as much as a new reader.
Secondly, what level of complexity is involved in replacing the screen and how many tools would be required? Are we talking jewellers screw driver and magnifying glass or a laboratory here?
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do miss e reading and I'm eager to resume!
biblioOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, repairs, screen damaged