Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
tok240
tok240 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Extra CSS after Filter Style Information

Hello,

I couldn't find anything about this so I figured I'd just ask.

I add font-family information by reconverting my epubs so they look all nice on my reader. However, when I use Filter Style Information to purge font information previously in the epub, it will also edit out whatever I add in the extra CSS section.

Is there a way to tell calibre to add in the CSS after doing the filtering?
Right now, I can sort of hack it by converting from epub to mobi (with filtering) and then mobi back to epub (with the new css but no filtering). But that feels kinda kludgy.
tok240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an epub to epub conversion twice, deleting the original_epub file between conversions. Or tweak the epub after conversion to add the css directly to its stylesheet. Filtering css happens only after all css including extra css has been flattened, so there is no way to have it not apply to the extra css.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert