Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
mrgou
mrgou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Customize Calibre Library Folder Structure and File Names

Hi,

Is there a way I can customize the calibre library folder structure and file names in the same way I can do it for the Save to disc function (so I don't have to save to disk to normalize my file names)?

Thanks!
mrgou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgou View Post
Is there a way I can customize the calibre library folder structure and file names in the same way I can do it for the Save to disc function (so I don't have to save to disk to normalize my file names)?
No, calibre's folder structure is not user configurable.

As a new user I'd like to point out that there are sticky (read permanent) posts at the top of every calibre forum. These posts have valuable information for folks looking for help. If you want to read more on calibre's folder structure this sticky post "Want to change the folder structure of the Calibre library?" at the top of this forum has more information.

Good Reading!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
mrgou
mrgou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks! I did search the forum for an existing answer to the question as it looked to me like a common question, but I couldn't find any obvious relevant post in the search results. I'll try and make sure I check the sticky posts more thoroughly next time.
mrgou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rename calibre folders, rename folders