Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Restoring Database effects ORIGINAL_EPUB format display

I noticed that after "Restore Database" is run, the main screen "Formats" column no longer shows ORIGINAL_EPUB as a book format.

The ORIGINAL_EPUB book itself is not deleted (it is still in the book folder), but it's "existence" is removed from the database.

Because of problems displaying some book covers on the Nook Simple Touch, the Nook forum recommends re-converting Nook to Nook. Seeing ORIGINAL_EPUB listed in the "Formats" column is an easy way to tell if the Nook to Nook conversion has already been done.

Why is the ORIGINAL_EPUB format removed from the "Data" table in metadata.db?

Thanks,
Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is a bug in the restore process, fixed in the next release. You should be able to get back the original_epub entries by running a library check.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm trying to learn about the MANY features of Calibre, and keep a small "TEST" library as my sandbox so I can't do any real damage.
Restoring the database was with the TEST library. I just wanted to see how it works.

The more I learn about Calibre, the more I realize how little I really know!
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote