Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #511
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
What's happened to the JBPatch wiki page?
Bill
Bummer. Thanks @all for restoring it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #512
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Bummer. Thanks @all for restoring it.
It is still missing some download links. It will be better when the ORIGINAL content gets restored. It would be nice if the original HISTORY were also restored.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #513
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Is there a patch for having a sort of progress bar like that of k3 on kt.or a patch to have epub support(don't know if the java part controls file support),or doc support,etc
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #514
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Is there a patch for having a sort of progress bar like that of k3 on kt.or a patch to have epub support(don't know if the java part controls file support),or doc support,etc
Guess what: if there were such patches, they would most probably be described in the first post.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #515
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It is still missing some download links. It will be better when the ORIGINAL content gets restored. It would be nice if the original HISTORY were also restored.
Actually, no links are really missing, except for the one to the latest hyphenation patch (and the cached page is about 1 week old, i.e. the version numbers are incorrect).

I'm still hoping that DaleDe can restore the page from a backup - I put a lot of work into that page, and roughly the same amount of work would be required to "Wikitize" it again.
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #516
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I forgot to thank you for all your great work!!!
Keep on working as you create really superb SWs!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #517
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It would make life for the mods a lot simpler if you would not panic and run about when you think a mistake has been made by a mod, but just report the mistake and wait for action to be taken. (And by wait I mean at least 24 hours.)

If it's a mistake, it will be corrected. It if is not a mistake, there's not a lot you can do about it, as anything you did would just get deleted again.

IF I had only had to undo the deletion it would have taken just a moment. As it was, I had to research the best way to fix things after a new page has been created in place of the old one, and multiple edits made to it, and then do the fix. And, of course, compose this message.

However, I beleive that the page is now restored to what it was before the spam attack happened (which, incidentally, took out several other pages that were restored before you noticed that they'd gone).

I think I've even managed to restore the full page history.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-08-2012 at 03:34 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #518
ixtab
(offline)

@pdurrant: Thank you!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #519
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
IF I had only to undo the deletion it would have taken just a moment. As it was, I had to research the best way to fix things after a new page has been created in place of the old one, and multiple edits made to it, and then do the fix. And, of course, compose this message.

However, I beleive that the page is now restored to what it was before the spam attack happened (which, incidentally, took out several other pages that were restored before you noticed that they'd gone).
Sorry about that. Next time we can wait longer.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #520
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Quote:
>Zitat von Antoinekamel
>Hi, Ixtab.
>
>P.S.: Bug report: The new hyphenation patch is not showing correctly the description >in the configurations, only the var name (min.lenght.preffix, for example).

That's not a bug. I explicitly wrote that you need to update (re-download) the localization file.
Had the same behavior with just the english language files. Had it before actually, so I already have a work arround for it.

JBPatch UI>Sync>connect the KT to your PC, delete all .txt files that appeared in the opt/jbpatch folder EXCEPT the main config one (the one that enables disables entire modules)>disconnect the KT, go back into JBPatch UI>Cleanup>then Restart Framework.

All settings of individual modules get lost that way, but restoring them within the JBPatch UI is practically no work.

Last edited by notimp; 08-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #521
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
Had the same behavior with just the english language files. Had it before actually, so I already have a work arround for it.

JBPatch UI>Sync>connect the KT to your PC, delete all .txt files that appeared in the opt/jbpatch folder EXCEPT the main config one (the one that enables disables entire modules)>disconnect the KT, go back into JBPatch UI>Cleanup>then Restart Framework.

All settings of individual modules get lost that way, but restoring them within the JBPatch UI is practically no work.
Yes, that works too (as I also described somewhere), but IMO it's more complicated than simply overwriting the localizations. BTW, if you don't delete the settings files (the .txt files without a locale suffix), then you won't lose settings
Old 08-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #522
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Yes, but if you dont delete the settings files, changes in settings aren't "sticking". At least they werent two versions ago. I guess because JBPatch UI changes are still been set within the system partitions, but the files on the user partition /opt/jbpatch are "overruling" - and dont get changed, unless you write the settings out again...

Suddenly just copying over the new translation files seems like the better solution.

Last edited by notimp; 08-10-2012 at 05:50 AM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #523
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Just curious: adding hyphenation support for AZW3 books would be hard? No way to inject your classes?

A trivial way to do it would be to add the ­ entity between syllables before rendering since actually the AZW3 reader handles this entity correctly. Why Lab126 hasn't added a full hyphenation support to AZW3 is a mystery to me... :-\

Even inserting ­ between syllables just before converting an ePub to AZW3 would actually result in book with hyphenation enabled (but this would not have actually nothing to do with JBPatch).
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #524
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Just curious: adding hyphenation support for AZW3 books would be hard? No way to inject your classes?
It's not only hard, it's totally impossible with JBPatch. See this post (and the 3 following posts) for the reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
A trivial way to do it would be to add the ­ entity between syllables before rendering since actually the AZW3 reader handles this entity correctly. Why Lab126 hasn't added a full hyphenation support to AZW3 is a mystery to me... :-\

Even inserting * between syllables just before converting an ePub to AZW3 would actually result in book with hyphenation enabled (but this would not have actually nothing to do with JBPatch).
Yes... and that's probably the only way left. But I won't be looking into the format anytime soon, so I'd appreciate it if someone else could work on a solution...

Last edited by ixtab; 08-10-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #525
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pirl8/ixtab: It's probably easier/neater to implement as a Calibre patch plugged into the conversion/preprocess stage than as a plugin.

Bonus hint: look at src/calibre/ebooks/hyphenate.py and enjoy not having to implement an hyphenation algo in Python .

I *might* take a look at it at some point, but it might be beyond my meager Python skills, so, if someone wants to jump in, be my guest .

Speaking of Calibre and hyphenation: Anyone managed to get the JS hyphenation working in the *viewer*, or is that just me?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks