Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Lacy, Ed: The Best That Ever Did It. v2.0 18 July 07

ADDITION: Released under a Creative Commons license at
http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/author/ed_lacy
Version 2.0 reflects this.

(Reformatted by me to my specifications.)

An Ed Lacy mystery with a private eye. This one was published in hardcover and recieved some high praise.

Here's a quote:

"The Best That Ever Did It...[enjoyed] his first solid recognition. The book went into a second printing. The protagonist Barney Harris is a 248-pound auto mechanic/PI based in New York City who is hired by a cop’s widow to root out police corruption and nail her husband’s murderer.

"....This Ed Lacy title snagged plaudits from the picky James Sandoe (“exhibits a suspenseful proceeding”), Anthony Boucher (“lively, ingenious, entertaining”), and The New Yorker (“plot is probably sound enough”). Indeed, Ed Lacy had hit a groove all writers dream about in their careers."

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-27-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: changed pt size to my preference - Added Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
These are the kind of books that my Father would pick up on a Friday after work and lay on the couch the whole weekend reading. He might finish 3 or 4 of them plus catch the baseball game on TV.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
change in point size on Paragraph attribute

ok -- all 5 titles I screwed up on have now been corrected.

RWood - I like that image of your father that you write about.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote