Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Thanks nynaevelan!
Restarted and it worked.
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Have you restarted the device? Mine wasn't there until I restarted it.
Applying the upgrade restarts the device, or do you mean that you had to do another reboot after that?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Right, so my collections in fact DID sync. It all showed up on my iPad no problem just now.

EDIT: And boom, deleted some from my Paperwhite, and they are gone from my iPad too. Nice!

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 11-19-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Goodreads Integration only shows Read, Currently Reading and Want to Read shelves. Ugh, what about our custom shelves Mr. Amazon??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Applying the upgrade restarts the device, or do you mean that you had to do another reboot after that?
Mine restarted for the upgrade but I had to restart it again for the goodreads integration icon to show up.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Has anybody else had this happen....after I installed the update, restarted my Kindle, now all my Collections list books I had there before, they have the checkmark out to the right, then below that it lists other books that I must have previously had in that Collection, but they are grayed out. Can't delete them. My "Currently Reading" Collection has 62 books in it!! And when I long-tap on one of the grayed out ones, the only options I have are Add To Home, Add to Collection, Book Description.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is it perhaps showing you books that you have in that same collection in the cloud?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've never done any Collections in my Cloud. Yes, these are books that are in my Cloud, but I really would prefer they not show up at all on my Kindle.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The greyed out ones are those that are in the cloud. The checked ones are on your device.

Click on Add to Collection, and then just uncheck it (easiest way).

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 11-19-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: I'm using horrible grammar today!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
PG4003
Addict

I knew the grayed out ones are on the Cloud. But until I did this update they never showed up on my Kindle. I can get rid of them by doing what you said, but what a pain.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #26
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I knew the grayed out ones are on the Cloud. But until I did this update they never showed up on my Kindle. I can get rid of them by doing what you said, but what a pain.
What I understand is that collections were always backed up to Amazon. My Kindle Keyboard isn't registered at the moment, but the collections still showed up on my Paperwhite. So if you have multiple Kindles with different books in them, with the same collection name, that's why they're showing up.

Think it'd work better with the Cloud/On Device options like the main page has.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #27
PG4003
Addict

You are probably right, I still have my PW1 and a couple of Collections from it came over to the PW2. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I haven't looked at them yet, I am trying to figure out the best way to get my collections onto my PW without having to manually put all the books on it and create the collections. Dang, of course they will exclude the one device where I have all my collections stored.
Exactly what I was thinking! The easiest place to create and maintain collections is on a computer (PC or Mac) due to the speed and the physical keyboard, not to mention a nice big monitor.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #29
PG4003
Addict

Is there a link to information on the Cloud Collections, I can't find anything.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just noticed my PW2 never even updated to 5.4.1. It always has WiFi on, so I wonder why it never did that update? I will have to wait to manually install 5.4.2 as my main computer is a Mac and tethering the PW2 to a Mac is a PITA.

It sounds like the Cloud Collections are as effed up as the collections implemented on the Kindle for iOS sometime back. Over the years many of us explored various ways to sort our collections. So now we end up with a large number of duplicates, for example:
  • .History
  • -History
  • 1 History
  • History

Most of my collections stored in the Cloud are from long ago devices I no longer own. We need a better system. We need Amazon programmers who can actually effing read and understand what collections are and how to make them easily manageable!