Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Manosk
Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.Manosk knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPad 3
iPad desk stand

Hi, I use an iPad 3 to read my ebooks and I would like to buy a desk stand.

The ideal stand should adjust to different angles and should not wobble while typing.

As you can imagine there are a huge number of tablet stands on the market. Just to list a few of them:

Rain Design iSlider

Belkin Flipblade Adjust

Griffin A-Frame

JustMobile Encore

iKlip Studio

What stand do you use (if any)? What are your suggestions?

Thanks
Manosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I use the Belkin Flipblade Adjust with my iPad 3 in landscape. It is stable and doesn't wobble. It is the only one I've used so I cannot compare it to the others. I like mine and use it every day.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I use this with my Nook HD+ and Nexus 10.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I have a leather sleeve for my iPad with a foldable cover. Wen I'm home I use a Belkin Fipblade. I like it because I can put the iPad with its sleeve on, either in landscape or portrait modes. I can type on it but it's not a very comfortable position and it doesn't feel very stable.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I use the Logitech Ultraslim Keyboard cover (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PRHNHO ). The slot for a stand is fixed at only one angle but it works for me. It fits in portrait mode but only 'locks' together magnetically in landscape mode.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We use a $3-4 mini art easel from JoAnne Fabrics-- they're wonderful. Adjustable, foldable, easily moved around, etc. It also supports the iPad (big guy with heavy case) in both landscape and portrait. Now, it's not as sturdy as some stands, but at $3, it's well worth a try.

The one caveat with any stand is that if the lower edge of your i-device (or any device) is exposed, the stand can scratch that edge. Even the polycarbonate, mini-easels can do that. However, it's easy enough to prevent with a piece of electrical tape.
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I use this with my Nook HD+ and Nexus 10.
I use the same thing for my tablets (Nexus 7, Toshiba Excite 7.7, HP TouchPad, iPad 3/4 in folio case, TF700T in folio case). The stand is surprisingly stable even with the heavier tablets (the TF700T in folio case is almost 1kg) but I do need to take care and tap lightly with the heavy tablets. The areas that touch the device are padded so it's unlikely to scruff your devices. It also has padding on the base so it's fairly skid resistant. Overall, a pretty decent stand for $5.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
I've tried a lot, and the best IMO, is the Native Union Gripster. I have never been in a situation where I could not get a comfortable position since I got it. Several people I know have gotten this case after seeing mine and they all love it.
Here's an article about all the holders/stands I have tried: http://www.geekintheforest.com/ipad-holders/
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
H2ONUT
H2ONUT began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manosk View Post
Hi, I use an iPad 3 to read my ebooks and I would like to buy a desk stand.

The ideal stand should adjust to different angles and should not wobble while typing.

As you can imagine there are a huge number of tablet stands on the market. Just to list a few of them:

Rain Design iSlider

Belkin Flipblade Adjust

Griffin A-Frame

JustMobile Encore

iKlip Studio

What stand do you use (if any)? What are your suggestions?

Thanks

Check out www.thoughtout.biz

I have the black Stabile Pro for the iPad 2, and the IPM-10 for the iPad Mini. Both stands are fantastic! Made in the USA, fast shipping and excellent customer service.
H2ONUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #10
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ONUT View Post

I have the black Stabile Pro for the iPad 2, and the IPM-10 for the iPad Mini. Both stands are fantastic! Made in the USA, fast shipping and excellent customer service.
And expensive, I might add.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Hi,

Are you affiliated to this site?

I'm asking because you registered today and your first and only post so far contains a link to a commercial site.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
And expensive, I might add.
And with such a high center of gravity I suspect it is easy to knock over.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
H2ONUT
H2ONUT began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Hi,

Are you affiliated to this site?

I'm asking because you registered today and your first and only post so far contains a link to a commercial site.

No, I was directed here from another site. I am looking for a stand, holder to mount my iPad on our boat.
H2ONUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
No, I was directed here from another site. I am looking for a stand, holder to mount my iPad on our boat.
OK, thanks for the clarification and welcome to MR!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #15
Roice59
Roice59 began at the beginning.

You can't really go wrong with Belkin... i got one and it does its job
Roice59 is offline   Reply With Quote