Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #46
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Well, the move here was because my wife got a good job. My plan was to commute to Coventry at least until the end of the academic year, but it is probably for the best that it didn't work out - if only because I haven't had to travel in the bad weather.
Aaaaaaahhh now I see. I never understood why you'd move for a job and then move really far away from it causing you to have long commutes. So, it's all your wife's fault ey. Well, there you go. She makes the money, you clean the house. That means you get presents. You can start choosing your Glo case now

Quote:
The PhD is quite exciting - I might get my doctorate in time to use it before I have to retire!
Heehee

Quote:
I'm sure it will get there eventually. There are plans to build one of the Victoria and Albert museum outreach places here, which might get some tourists from Edinburgh - not that I want to live in a tourist town. However, looking at the levels of deprivation, something is needed.
Oh fun! I think I might go to Scotland again for my next holiday I'm starting to want to go there again!

Quote:
Not here - one-off days out and pointless rubbish are the way to say "I love you", apparently.
Awww how sad. Funnily enough, my Glo was a gift from my boyfriend... and I gave him his Kindle Paperwhite I guess we win at the relationship game!

Quote:
I didn't even know there is a chess program!
Oh that's right! It's relatively new for the older devices

Quote:
Surely that's what Mr_Often should be doing!
Oh, no, we're completely emancipated over here. Mr_Often picks the tulips and puts them in vases, I make the clogs and we do grocery shopping together. And cooking is divided up evening during the week (allowing for one day of delivery food). Of course, cooking isn't much work as it's either cheese fondue or grilled cheese sticks. Sometimes we have grated cheese (with pasta underneath) though.

Quote:
I'll have a look. As I said earlier, I don't have a problem with battery life, but it is useful to know.
I think the problem only occurs in newer devices. So your Touch will be fine. I can't promise anything about your new Glo though.

Quote:
It also puts into context your comments about not wanting to plug in your Glo because it would mess up your test. I'm surprised you forgot about the SD card option, though ...
So was I! That was very weird. Too much mouldy tulip smelling, perhaps.

Quote:
So far this week I've upgraded one computer to Windows 7, serviced the car, tidied my study (at last!), and now I'm running out of jobs.
Ooooh please come over and do my study as well!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #47
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
So, it's all your wife's fault ey.
"Fault" sometimes seems the operative word, but, as I said, I've got a bit of consultancy work so I'm not completely idle - especially since I *am* the house-keeper, so I have reasons to get out of bed!

Quote:
Oh fun! I think I might go to Scotland again for my next holiday I'm starting to want to go there again!
There are some really nice places around - we aren't far from the coast, though it only the North Sea, so nothing dramatic. The mountains aren't far away, either. Hence the need for a four-wheeled toy for me - I want to get out more, and public transport is ... well, British

Quote:
Awww how sad. Funnily enough, my Glo was a gift from my boyfriend... and I gave him his Kindle Paperwhite I guess we win at the relationship game!
I have tried with the useful tech presents - all have fallen flat. Flowers, chocolates and a day out is good enough, it seems. I just get told to go and buy myself a present, since she wouldn't have a clue what to get!

Quote:
Oh, no, we're completely emancipated over here. Mr_Often picks the tulips and puts them in vases, I make the clogs and we do grocery shopping together. And cooking is divided up evening during the week (allowing for one day of delivery food). Of course, cooking isn't much work as it's either cheese fondue or grilled cheese sticks. Sometimes we have grated cheese (with pasta underneath) though.
I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I did make the mistake of thinking that the chisels would be in his shed, though, and we all know that it is contrary to the laws of the universe for anyone other than a man to enter a shed ... if a Y-chromosome isn't present, then the shed simply won't open!

Quote:
Ooooh please come over and do my study as well!
My rates are VERY high for study tidying
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #48
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I'm sure it will get there eventually. There are plans to build one of the Victoria and Albert museum outreach places here, which might get some tourists from Edinburgh - not that I want to live in a tourist town. However, looking at the levels of deprivation, something is needed.
shame on you: it is one of the only seven cities in Scotland!!!
(yeah, I am becoming a Scottish nationalist, though admittedly Dundee isn't exactly like London as a hub of cultural life - yet the waterfront looks quite impressive to me)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #49
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
shame on you: it is one of the only seven cities in Scotland!!!
(yeah, I am becoming a Scottish nationalist, though admittedly Dundee isn't exactly like London as a hub of cultural life - yet the waterfront looks quite impressive to me)
I actually feel quite guilty about not really engaging with the place - it is like where I grew up in South Yorkshire, only with a really nice river! However, it is still trying to decide what it wants to be now that most of the industry has gone (though I was astounded to find out that Michelin is a big employer here, and there is still a large print employer here - gone are the days when big industry was obvious by noise and smells). I can see that it will be really nice here when that happens, and they have created a nice waterfront and have river tours etc, but at the moment it is a post-industrial mess (like my hometown, which has no direction but down, unfortunately).

Regarding Scottish Nationalism, being a Yorkshireman by birth I tend towards getting away from the dead hand of Westminster if the opportunity is there - let's face it, it can hardly be worse, can it?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #50
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I actually feel quite guilty about not really engaging with the place - it is like where I grew up in South Yorkshire, only with a really nice river! However, it is still trying to decide what it wants to be now that most of the industry has gone (though I was astounded to find out that Michelin is a big employer here, and there is still a large print employer here - gone are the days when big industry was obvious by noise and smells). I can see that it will be really nice here when that happens, and they have created a nice waterfront and have river tours etc, but at the moment it is a post-industrial mess (like my hometown, which has no direction but down, unfortunately).

Regarding Scottish Nationalism, being a Yorkshireman by birth I tend towards getting away from the dead hand of Westminster if the opportunity is there - let's face it, it can hardly be worse, can it?

Completely share your view - and let me apologise to all for the OT, just could not resist it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #51
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post

Completely share your view - and let me apologise to all for the OT, just could not resist it!
Noting to apologise for, I don't think

Tags
firmware update, kobo touch, setting up, wifi