Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
ENDED: $99 NOOK: refurb 3g + wifi Nook & free shipping

Deal has ended. Prices are now $119

eBay daily deal for a $99 Nook 3g + wifi refurb model on sale now. Price will probably last until tomorrow, Nov 5, is my personal guess. Free shipping and is from Barnes and Noble itself. Normal price for a 3G + wi-fi unit is $199.

http://stores.ebay.com/NOOK-by-Barnes-and-Noble

Full disclosure: work at eBay Corp. but don't get a commission or affiliates on these sales. Just giving mobileread a head's up on what I think is a pretty decent deal for an ePub format reader. Not a newbie member who's trying to spam you

Last edited by freecia; 11-08-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: update deal has ended
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
thanks for posting

they're selling quickly

offer good until Nov 8th 5pm EST unless they sell out first
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
This looks like a great deal from those wanting a nook, or looking to buy one as a gift.

Amazon offers "refurbished" units at great discounts, and when they do, the units are in primo condition.

I wouldn't expect BN to be any different.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As of Sat 9am EST over 1400 sold.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
That's really tempting, I need another eReader like I need a hole in the head though.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Ended with 3979 sold.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
I just checked eBay right now, and they have refurbished NOOK Wi-Fi eReaders on offer for $79.00 (and also $99) again.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
You can get a refurb 3G + WiFi nook at Overstock for around $87

Add to cart
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html

Add something really cheap like a screen protector for your cell phone to bring your total up to $100

Use discount code 149418 at checkout ($15 off $100 purchase)

enjoy
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
kevrab
kevrab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Best Buy Nook door buster....

Looking at today's Black Friday ad they have the Nook for $99 as a Door Buster item.
kevrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
You can get a refurb 3G + WiFi nook at Overstock for around $87

Add to cart
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html

Add something really cheap like a screen protector for your cell phone to bring your total up to $100

Use discount code 149418 at checkout ($15 off $100 purchase)

enjoy
Well, I spent a good part of the early afternoon trying to get some sort of deal on a Nook as a present for someone for Christmas.

I am too far from brick-and-mortar stores, and even if not, I probably would not want to do the Black Friday shopping thing anyway.

The Best Buy online supply for $99 sold out early this morning.

The B&N Ebay Store sold 3600 "refurbished" Nooks for $79 this morning, about an hour or two before I discovered that they had an Ebay Store. I was tempted to just use their $99 refurbished buy-it-now auction, but then I say this thread.

Overstock sold out their supply of the 3G refurb for $99 not long after this thread appeared.

But they still have the WiFi one for $99k. Normally I would just have gone for the one from BN Ebay Store directly, but the coupon posted by abookreader got me $15 off - since I ordered a nice leather Nook case to add to the present (the case was priced at about 30% of the BN.com price) which brought the total over $100. And I had clicked on the "Click for Free Shipping" link when I arrived at the O site, and that stuck - and O does not charge sales tax, so I saved about $10 and a free case which is otherwise an expensive one.

Summary: Thanks for the coupon ! Since the recipient mainly is interested in epub and library books, the 3G would likely never be used anyway.

And it was interesting to note how many thousands are online shopping instead of socializing with their families.

Last edited by Ken Stuart; 11-25-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #11
zenith_cal
zenith_cal began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stuart View Post
Well, I spent a good part of the early afternoon trying to get some sort of deal on a Nook as a present for someone for Christmas.

I am too far from brick-and-mortar stores, and even if not, I probably would not want to do the Black Friday shopping thing anyway.

The Best Buy online supply for $99 sold out early this morning.

The B&N Ebay Store sold 3600 "refurbished" Nooks for $79 this morning, about an hour or two before I discovered that they had an Ebay Store. I was tempted to just use their $99 refurbished buy-it-now auction, but then I say this thread.

Overstock sold out their supply of the 3G refurb for $99 not long after this thread appeared.

But they still have the WiFi one for $99k. Normally I would just have gone for the one from BN Ebay Store directly, but the coupon posted by abookreader got me $15 off - since I ordered a nice leather Nook case to add to the present (the case was priced at about 30% of the BN.com price) which brought the total over $100. And I had clicked on the "Click for Free Shipping" link when I arrived at the O site, and that stuck - and O does not charge sales tax, so I saved about $10 and a free case which is otherwise an expensive one.

Summary: Thanks for the coupon ! Since the recipient mainly is interested in epub and library books, the 3G would likely never be used anyway.

And it was interesting to note how many thousands are online shopping instead of socializing with their families.
It seems that overstock still has the refurb 3G+wifi for $99 now by 10:22pm PST Nov 25, 2010
zenith_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Overstock and B&N-ebay-store now entirely sold out of refurbished Nooks.

It seems that Cyber Monday is no longer a real sale day, as I noticed that all the usual web sales sites had their stuff available at the crack of dawn on Thanksgiving Day.

Even some brick-and-mortar stores opened Thanksgiving Day's night, instead of waiting until Black Friday.
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote