Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Newegg Shellshocker on 3/20 - Jetbook?

Just got this, looks like a Jetbook. Can't change the title but it appears that looking on the screen of the image that it says Jetbook Lite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newegg.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	48077  

Last edited by uRwhatUr; 03-15-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added info
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I'll be watching this, thanks for the tip.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
nice. What will be the price?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

I think its a wait and see.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I may buy one more unit as a gift for my friend if price will be $115 like last time...
He lives in Australia and this unit costs 209.95 AUD = 191 USD in AU.
http://australia.ectaco.com/products...-jetbook-lite/

Last edited by Kris777; 03-15-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

I'm looking at picking up a pair for parents, mine and my wifes. And perhaps a JBL for me, keeping my current jetbook as a backup. Cause if anything happened and I didn't have my jetbook I'm afraid I would be one very unhappy grumpy argumentative ol fart for a long time.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Hmmm...that would make a nice birthday present.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I may buy one more unit as a gift for my friend if price will be $115 like last time...
He lives in Australia and this unit costs 209.95 AUD = 191 USD in AU.
http://australia.ectaco.com/products...-jetbook-lite/
Yep here in Aus we sure get charged a premium. I looked at buying a JB/JBL so I can have a reader with a LCD (have best of both worlds) but with the pricing discrepancy between US customers and Aus customers I don't feel comfortable paying the larger price (approx 34% higher) because I am in Australia.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #9
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
could be a bargain
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
Kris777
Banned

another offer for regular jetBook

Free Leather Case&Book Lite
Old 03-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
That is a great deal! Plus, less hassle than the positive review bribe for the Jetbook-Lite case offer.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
I have a Libre which I love, and am thinking of whether to buy another Libre for my wife or to take advantage of the deal for a cheaper JBL. I think if the JBL ever gets Adobe DRM then it will be a great deal because of the dictionaries it has. But right now it is a problem confusing many forum members who end up buying books from the wrong ebookstore. This might be important enough to warrant a sticky up there so that newer members who buy either device can make the correct decision before the spend their hard-earned dollars
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #13
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
But right now it is a problem confusing many forum members who end up buying books from the wrong ebookstore. This might be important enough to warrant a sticky up there so that newer members who buy either device can make the correct decision before the spend their hard-earned dollars
This information can be found at the "Wiki":

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JetBook_Lite

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Aluratek_Libre
Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
I have a Libre which I love, and am thinking of whether to buy another Libre for my wife or to take advantage of the deal for a cheaper JBL. I think if the JBL ever gets Adobe DRM then it will be a great deal because of the dictionaries it has. But right now it is a problem confusing many forum members who end up buying books from the wrong ebookstore. This might be important enough to warrant a sticky up there so that newer members who buy either device can make the correct decision before the spend their hard-earned dollars
JBL has support for all books available from B&N website and eReader (.PDB) books from Fictionwise.com and eReader.com websites.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #15
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
To the last two posters, yes I already know what you are saying. But I guess it is not that clear to some new buyers since from the other postings it seems that they are still buying the wrong device or buying from the wrong bookstores and are upset about it.

I just wonder if any folks new to ebook readers were looking at JB/JBL/Libre, would it not be nice to have a sticky in the thread starter section entitled something like "Info on choosing between JB/JBL/Libre" and get the basic info about differences without wading through all the different threads. I think it would at least be as useful as a "welcome" thread.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote