Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
WordPress help

This is a screencap of my writing blog. If you look, there's these crazy hanging lines and the pull down menu is weird. It started after the last WordPress upgrade, but only after I posted an entry that was in draft before.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before? I even changed my theme (from Mon Cahier to Easel) and it's still there Is it a plug in fault or are my themes not optimized for the new WP?

Edit: That's another thing. Since the new WordPress update, the way I save media has changed. I can't edit pictures anymore--no scaling, nothing. Or when I make a new post, the MORE tag makes weird changes in the html that don't show up in the WYSIWYG screen. So I'll hit Preview Post and these same weird line things will appear or my sidebars will be all scrambled.

Is this a plug-in conflict?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KimicheeScreencap.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	100882  

Last edited by Harper Kingsley; 02-08-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Image came out all wonk
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
What did you update to/from? Did you check that the themes you use have been updated to match the WordPress version? ... Probably you'll see more help on the forums for WP and/or the themes you use.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
What did you update to/from? Did you check that the themes you use have been updated to match the WordPress version? ... Probably you'll see more help on the forums for WP and/or the themes you use.
I'm with Dreamhost and their robot automatically updates my WP. The themes I used are supposed to work with the newest version :/ I haven't seen anyone else with this particular problem, though I'm glad it only shows super screwed up like my screencap for me, not people coming by.

I pick up some plugins from WordPress.org, so I'm wondering if one of them is messing up my theme. I would have thought auto-update would shut down any incompatible plugins, but I know nothing.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have four Wordpress blogs that I keep up to date with different themes and none of them are having any problems so not sure what to say. The WP forums would be the best place to start.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote