Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Apparently 'Available Now' means 'Pre-order Now' to Sony

I was hoping to be able to pop down to the local Sonystyle store (in Annapolis, MD) and possibly purchase one of the new readers. Unfortunately, they will not have any stock until the 17th. They do have the demo models available. Okay, I figure, I could order one from Sonystyle.com. No joy. According to the product page, they will not ship till the 16th. I feel used.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Yeah, I just saw the switch from "notify me" to "preorder." my guess is I'll get an
email on the 17th which is pretty dumb marketing.

The lack of specs on the Daily page is pretty dumb, too. I might not even be interested but I probably won't buy a Touch until I know more about the Daily
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Daily Edition isn't going to launch until the end of the year.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
abigsmurf
Enthusiast
abigsmurf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Amusingly, that's when the Kindle is expected back in stock on Amazon UK
abigsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I know, but they obviously have most of the specs worked out because they at demoing it with the other 2. Given the pricng strategy, it makes no sense to buy the Touch right now when you might be interested in the Daily, since $80 more gets the larger screen and connectivity.

So I think they are going to arrest sales of the Touch until the Daily is released or at least specs are clearer.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
SonyStyle seems to change every day.
Yesterday you could register to be notified when PRS-950 is available.
Today 950 isn't shown anymore instead you can (again) order the 900.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote