Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Paradigm Shift's new ebook readers

You may have seen the blog postings last week about these devices Almost all the posts are copycats of either this story on Twice.com or this one on Engadget. I was waiting to get the press release (attached below). I know I'm posting this story several days behind everyone else, so there isn't much I can add. But I think I can add a detail or two about the US distributor, Delstar.

Delstar is an importer and wholesaler of consumer electronics. They take an OEM product and rebrand it with their name and model number.

I was already familiar with Delstar because it is currently distributing a Windows CE based netbook. I had found the netbook through K-Mart and wasn't terribly impressed. But, while I was researching for this post, I learned from Delstar's website that it has released a firmware update for the netbook. The update adds better support for Youtube. True, it's a minor improvement, but the fact that Delstar released it at all should be counted as a point in its favor.

I have an appointment to see the devices during CES, and will post more information once I have done so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS 7 inch ereader blk frt.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	564.4 KB
ID:	42459   Click image for larger version

Name:	PS 7 inch ereader frt.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	568.3 KB
ID:	42460   Click image for larger version

Name:	PS 7 inch ereader inputs.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	42461  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Paradigm Shift Color E-Reader CES 2010 PR.doc (19.5 KB, 807 views)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
Haha, nice company name. Poor attempt from them to make these sound like primary e-book readers. Sorry if this offends.

These DO however sound like convincing internet tablets.

Kmarts over here are more dead then the Six-Flags-Mall.

Last edited by Not_A_Crook; 01-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
We should get together I will be at CES the entire time working a booth there
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
heron61
Enthusiast
heron61 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch 3rd gen, SmartQ V7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have an appointment to see the devices during CES, and will post more information once I have done so.
I eagerly await more info on these devices. I haven't seen anything about them in coverage of CES. I'm specifically interested in processor speed, RAM, and your impression of their overall build quality.
heron61 is offline   Reply With Quote