Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
International shipping of 505

Hello,

I am looking for a site that ships the 505 internationally to Europe (Hungary).
Waterstones does not ship the 505 outside UK/Ireland. Argos and Play.com does not ship internationally.
I have tried B&H Photo Video in the US, but they do not accept my debit card.

It is weird that I want to spend my money and I cannot because of idiotic restrictions....

Last edited by BlackVoid; 07-14-2009 at 10:46 AM.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
Hello,

Waterstones does not ship the 505 outside UK/Ireland. Argos and Play.com does not ship internationally.
You could try it here:

http://www.libri.de/shop/action/prod...r_prs_505.html

I think they deliver also to Hungary.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but it is VERY expensive. 300 EUR is about 400 dollars. TOO MUCH. UK and US has cheaper prices by far. US is even cheaper with customs applied than Europe.

Last edited by BlackVoid; 07-14-2009 at 11:34 AM.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Well,you didn't mention that you want it now AND cheap
I paid 330 Euro to get my blue one (from Ebay) months before the 505 was available in Europe and havn't regretted one Cent.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Jaro
Jaro began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505,pocketbook 602
I have a prs 505 from Waterstones delivered in Slovakia. Hungari is not far from her.They even acepted my debet card.It was 224lib for sony and 22lib for shiping.And Hungari is in the list of country's in adres details.

Last edited by Jaro; 07-14-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
I bought my prs 505 a few weeks ago on ebay.
Total cost around 220 euros, shipping included.
Received it one week (US firmware version) and no problems so far.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Try contacting B&H and asking why they won't accept your card. I know that the standard B&H policy, when using cards from outside the US, is to fax (or e-mail) photocopies of both sides of the card before they will accept them. I've been doing business with B&H for 15 years from outside the US, and that's been normal o.p. when using a new card with them. It might be all that you need to do too!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Waterstones states that from May 2009 they don't ship Sony Reader 'bundles' outside of Britain - I couldn't find out if that just meant a Reader. You could write and ask them.

I does look like ebay is you best option - or else perhaps buy it from a German reseller, like libri.de?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
Hello,

It is weird that I want to spend my money and I cannot because of idiotic restrictions....
Buy from f-romi, he may still have some.
http://forum.hwsw.hu/index.php?showuser=62017
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #10
adeve
adeve began at the beginning.

Hi,
I had the same problem, wanted a Sony but had troubles finding a reasonably-priced seller...
I found Advanced MP3 Players - it's located in UK, but they ship internationally -just received my 505 an hour ago ;D (can't wait 'til it's all charged up and I can start playing with it!)

I placed my order on June 27th, both the reader and AC-charger were out of stock then, but they kept mailing me updates on my order ("we are expecting stock on July Xth", "your order is being picked and packed", and of course the most important one: "your order is shipped" with a tracking code). The package was shipped on Wed, and it got to Finland in two days with FedEx.

I even managed to find a coupon code for the company: "jolly" - 10% off the price
adeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Yes, but it is VERY expensive. 300 EUR is about 400 dollars. TOO MUCH. UK and US has cheaper prices by far. US is even cheaper with customs applied than Europe.
Hi,

it is now down to 249 EURO, inkl.19% VAT and free shipping (within Germany, I assume).

Klaus
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #12
Ratesunion
Ratesunion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hello,

You can go to the site ratesunion.com. You can find you need including sea rates.
Ratesunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #13
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Will not Frys.com ship internationally? They seem to have a good price at the moment.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
yen10
yen10 began at the beginning.

Device: none
If you are unable to find a company that ships internationally to you, you can try Shipito . They provide a service in which you may purchase online from the U.S. and have them forward the merchandise to you at a very low cost. Also, if the online retailer does not accept an international credit card, you may use the "Assisted Purchase" option which allows you to use Shipito's credit card for your purchase. I have provided the link to their website so you can read in further detail. I hope it helps.
yen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
nixxy246
nixxy246 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I bought my ereader on Ebay for US $255 from
[URL="http://stores.ebay.com/Digital-N-Accessory-Goods"] they are located in New York USA and they ship worldwide. I hope this helps as i know your query was posted a while ago and may have ordered your ereader already.
nixxy246 is offline   Reply With Quote