Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #31
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Only complaint was that you can't load Nook for Android from the Google store -- Unsupported Device. Found a copy to sideload and it works fine.
Can you point me towards the location of that copy?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:18 AM   #32
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
Can you point me towards the location of that copy?
Would it work to download an official NOOK firmware upgrade and then unzip it (it's basically just a signed zip file)?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #33
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have no idea if this is a good site or anything like that, but a Google search got me to: http://www.handster.com/nook_for_android_by_bn.html
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #34
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I have no idea if this is a good site or anything like that, but a Google search got me to: http://www.handster.com/nook_for_android_by_bn.html
Could be. Same version number. Never could find a copy of the latest version.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #35
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found a Nook app that works. Biggest problem now is that the Kindle app won't run and I've converted all my books to mobi format. The Kindle app is the only thing that lets me sync my side loaded books between my Nook and my phone.
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #36
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm?? Kindle app from Google store works just fine for me, though I don't use the sync much.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
kevinp
Fanatic

Screen turns blue like it's starting, then goes away. I've tried uninstalling, deleting folders, etc. Nothing's worked so far.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #38
kevinp
Fanatic

Kindle problem is known. I'm not the only one having the problem.

I've managed to find the latest version of the Nook app and install that. One annoyance I've noticed is that while viewing my magazines, I can't zoom at all. Not too much of a problem on the HD+, but if I only had the 7" HD, that alone would be a deal-killer.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #39
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
HD+'s Bricked by fstrim & LagFix app

FWIW, there are reports on XDA forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2036) of some HD+ units getting bricked after using the LagFix(fstrim) app (from the GooglePlay store), or after installing/running some recent builds of (Android 4.3 based) CM10.2 that have the built-in fstrim enabled.

I'd suggest staying away from the LagFix app, and doing very careful research in selecting a CM10.2 build to install/use (similar precaution applies when buying/updating pre-made SD card images of CM10.2).

Last edited by livramax; 08-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #40
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Well... CM10.2 *is* beta. If your not willing to deal with possible fatal bugs, it's a good idea to stay with released software.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #41
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
FWIW, there are reports on XDA forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2036) of some HD+ units getting bricked after using the LagFix(fstrim) app (from the GooglePlay store), or after installing/running some recent builds of (Android 4.3 based) CM10.2 that have the built-in fstrim enabled.

I'd suggest staying away from the LagFix app, and doing very careful research in selecting a CM10.2 build to install/use (similar precaution applies when buying/updating pre-made SD card images of CM10.2).
Some info on affected units http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=210 and CM10.2 builds http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=217.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #42
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Well... CM10.2 *is* beta. If your not willing to deal with possible fatal bugs, it's a good idea to stay with released software.
Even CM10.1 is beta, or rather alpha, given that you only get nightlies, not even snapshots.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #43
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
Some more info: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/EMMC_Bugs#MAG2GA_TRIM_bug
Old 08-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #44
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Since we're talking about CyanogenMod....

I seem to have not installed CWM recovery when I installed CWM10.1 on my HD+. When I try to boot into recovery, the Nook crashes. The HD, which I know I installed correctly, works as expected.

All I really want to do is make a backup of the current Android system. Can I get away with using the SD boot CWM recovery to make a valid backup? It looks like it should work, but *I* don't know if it will work.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
kevinp
Fanatic

You're probably better off making the backup with the SD card. Just make sure the SD card has enough room. I followed the idiot-directions which formatted my 8 GB SD card at 4 GB and when I tried to backup the stock ROM, it ran out of room.