Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #31
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Ok, through a proxy I can see the correct table. I think Kobo gives a localized version of the page. What confused me is that the language I selected was english, there's no uri fragment... and the page is in english

EDIT: indeed the italian page is identical... but in italian!

@zztush: ok, now it's all straight

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-03-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
timss
timss began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluja View Post
It has to be a bag, because take for instance every desktop PDF reader, when you zoom to page width it is posible both to scroll down to page (for instance with arrow keys) and to move page up and down (with page up and page down keys). So it must be a bag.
It's not a bug but a limitation of the Kobo software. Not just desktop PDF readers, but every iPhone or Android smartphone has a proper PDF viewer. Reading PDFs is obviously not a priority for Kobo, but maybe someday they will improve it.

Last edited by timss; 05-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.
timss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Well, I must say I have no problem with pdf yet (I have the 2.4.0 firmware...), and this bug seems not to happen with pdf files.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #34
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. I am sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing with your Kobo Glo eReader. However, we've escalated your issue to our Tier 2 support team.
Well, thank you Tier 1, but it needed 9 emails and 20 days...
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

EDIT: excuse me, consider this post NULL moderators can delete it.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 06-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #36
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I've found a workaround: you have to convert the CBZ to the kepub format with calibre + kepub plugin. Make sure your new document has .kepub.epub extension instead of only .kepub.