Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #46
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Much simpler: use Kubrick and select to install the jailbreak, then re-upgrade to 5.3.2.
good point.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
used kubrick, installed jailbreak, installed devcerts, installed JBpatch. Then installed the 5.3.2 update, but that didn't take, working on the 2nd time now.

Anyway the patch is great, now I can change the margins.

Nope the 5.3.2 update is not working. Can someone sell me a clue?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Install the 5.3.2 update *directly* after the 5.1.2 downgrade, and only then install other modifications. Example: if you install JBPatch on 5.1.2 and then try to upgrade to 5.3.2, the upgrade will fail. The same is true for many (though not all) other modifications.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh darn. So I have to uninstall JBpatch. Thanks!

All done. Looks good. Thanks for your development of the patch, ixtab!

Last edited by booklover6; 02-20-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #50
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh darn. So I have to uninstall JBpatch. Thanks!

All done. Looks good. Thanks for your development of the patch, ixtab!
I just want to say it is refreshing to hear a happy story today.

That is all.
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Glad to hear I brought you some sunshine! Very snowy and windy here, on my daughter's 10th birthday. Good day to curl up with a Kindle!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #52
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Hey guys. I've decided to deregister my Kindle from current account and register it on another, but the other day, I've read somewhere that this action messes up the Jailbreak.. Is it true? or I'm safe to do my thing..?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #53
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Hey guys. I've decided to deregister my Kindle from current account and register it on another, but the other day, I've read somewhere that this action messes up the Jailbreak.. Is it true? or I'm safe to do my thing..?
Jailbreak is OK. Only thing you need to reinstall is the developer keystore.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #54
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Jailbreak is OK. Only thing you need to reinstall is the developer keystore.
Got it, thank you..
i'm on FW 5.3.2, will I need to use USBnetworking to reinstall keystore?
KUAL and JBPatch won't work without developer keystore right?

sorry for stupid questions, just i'm noob at this..
Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #55
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Got it, thank you..
i'm on FW 5.3.2, will I need to use USBnetworking to reinstall keystore?
KUAL and JBPatch won't work without developer keystore right?

sorry for stupid questions, just i'm noob at this..
You don't need USB networking. The developer certificates are a common prerequisite for both JBPatch and KUAL. You can find download links for an installer package in either thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #56
April_7th
Connoisseur

Quote:
You don't need USB networking. The developer certificates are a common prerequisite for both JBPatch and KUAL. You can find download links for an installer package in either thread.
Thank you very much
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
Leftkiller
Leftkiller began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
need help

ixtab in your post i am confused on how to use the kernels and do the other steps can anyone lend a hand in helping me understand this thank you for your help if provided
Leftkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #58
ixtab
(offline)

Use Kubrick.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #59
twobob

Quote:
Use Kubrick.
I PM'd him that last night. just so you know.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #60
Leftkiller
Leftkiller began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
thank you i will try that
Leftkiller is offline   Reply With Quote