Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
yujunglin
yujunglin began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
copy #1 library to #2 library, cover & .epub file lost

I am a new user of Calibre 0.8.21. I moved my old library ebook files (.epub format) of Calibre to my new pc, and merged with the library in my new pc. Following the instructions, the copy process seemed ok, but the relocated ebook just can't work. I opened the file manager and only found 'metadata.opf', the 'cover.jpeg' and '.epub' files lost.
please help me to solve this problem, thanks.
yujunglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Only for understanding. You was working before with Calibre too? If yes, you need to move the complete Calibre library folder with all files to the new pc. Then make shure that Calibre knows at setup the library location at your disk. Don´t merge anything, only copy and let calibre know the location. If you do it that way it will work perfect.
Hope you have a complete backup of your old DB.

By the way, please choose the right place for a new thread. This one is the location for recipes

Last edited by Divingduck; 10-15-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
yujunglin
yujunglin began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Only for understanding. You was working before with Calibre too? If yes, you need to move the complete Calibre library folder with all files to the new pc. Then make shure that Calibre knows at setup the library location at your disk. If you do it that way it will work perfect.
Hope you have a complete backup of your old DB.

By the way, please choose the right place for a new thread. This one is the location for recipes
sorry, newcomer mistake. thanks for your reply.
yujunglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
No problem at all. Hope, my reply will help you to solve your problem. Let us know.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote