Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Kobo Touch not disconnecting properly from Calibre OR Kobo Desktop - Windows 7

I have previously posted suggesting that my Kobo Touch does not eject properly when using CALIBRE, but I have now noticed that the same thing is happening with the Kobo Desktop software.

If I eject from Calibre or the Kobo Desktop from within the software, I get an error in the Device Manager for Windows, which implies that the a "mass storage device" had not disconnected correctly.

If I use the standard "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the task bar, the disconnect happens correctly.

The next question is - is this a problem with just my laptop or its driver, or is this a problem for other Windows 7 users as well???????????

Cheers
John - In delightful Takikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
JBlyth - Several people on the Kobo forum have suggested this problem often occurs when side loading from different applications without ejecting the Kobo first. As in, I download or sync with the Kobo desktop software then I open ADE without ejecting the Kobo first and download from there as well, or simply open ADE for whatever reason.

I know this was something I did on an occasional basis and I have had four factory resets over five or six weeks. It's too early to tell, but since I made the change (always ejecting first) I have reloaded 250 books or so from calibre and I have not had the problem repeat itself since.

Also, several people in different threads related to this problem, stated they did not use calibre and were experiencing the same problem.

Last edited by fbrII; 08-03-2011 at 06:52 AM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert