Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #31
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ohhh! what are the orange ones?
Red Burmese.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #32
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Another burmese! When the bathroom was being redone. He sometimes climbs ladders and gets in the ceiling to be naughty..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0896x.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	74430  
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 05:09 AM   #33
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Another burmese! When the bathroom was being redone. He sometimes climbs ladders and gets in the ceiling to be naughty..
I love your wallpaper!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #34
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I must confess - after viewing some very cute kitten pictures - of actual small, i.e. regular, size kittens, to having some bouts of kitten envy. I dearly adore my Stella (8 months old, 10 pounds of undying love), but I miss that stage of teensy faces, cuddling in the crook of the elbow, chirpy meows, etc. Maybe we could set up "Swap-a-kitten"?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #35
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I must confess - after viewing some very cute kitten pictures - of actual small, i.e. regular, size kittens, to having some bouts of kitten envy. I dearly adore my Stella (8 months old, 10 pounds of undying love), but I miss that stage of teensy faces, cuddling in the crook of the elbow, chirpy meows, etc. Maybe we could set up "Swap-a-kitten"?
foster for your local shelter!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #36
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
foster for your local shelter!
I thought of that. But it would be so hard to give them back.
[until they chewed the phone cord for the 7th time! ]
Old 07-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #37
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
just think! kitten fixes over and over and over again!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
just think! kitten fixes over and over and over again!
My older cats would move out & take my credit cards with them! One resident kitten is MORE than enough for them.
I'll have to get my kitten fixes by visiting the shelter for anonymous cuddles.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #39
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
That's the way some old friends of mine used to deal with unwanted kittens. (They had 9 cats on their farm...none spayed.) They would take the kittens at 8 weeks old to the local farmer's market or shopping center with a big sign : CUDDLE A KITTEN FOR SOME FREE LOVE! They would almost force a kitten into the arms of anyone who stopped to look. "Just hold him for a minute for some Kitten Cuddle!" That was that... They rarely went home with any kittens. They would provide little plastic bags with about 3 days worth of kitten food, a cardboard box, and printed care instructions.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #40
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's the way some old friends of mine used to deal with unwanted kittens. (They had 9 cats on their farm...none spayed.) They would take the kittens at 8 weeks old to the local farmer's market or shopping center with a big sign : CUDDLE A KITTEN FOR SOME FREE LOVE! They would almost force a kitten into the arms of anyone who stopped to look. "Just hold him for a minute for some Kitten Cuddle!" That was that... They rarely went home with any kittens. They would provide little plastic bags with about 3 days worth of kitten food, a cardboard box, and printed care instructions.

Stitchawl
Did the care instructions include anything about responsible pet care like err um de-sexing?????
Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #41
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Shana (dog) and Dash (cat). Separately adopted from shelters.

Much loved and spoiled to bits!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sleeping kids.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	687.5 KB
ID:	74464   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_0204Image0025.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	696.2 KB
ID:	74465  
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #42
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
My Max

...who always prefers to sleep on top of my clothing...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Max takes advantage of a bag I'd thrown on the bed.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	74467  
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #43
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Mr M brain training
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1974.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	644.9 KB
ID:	74468  
Old 07-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Did the care instructions include anything about responsible pet care like err um de-sexing?????
Probably not as they didn't nuter their own...

The little one was from the shelter. He was nutered by default (he was 3 when he arrived at the shelter and still unnutered though!). The red one was a stray that had wandered in with my parents-in-law (they lived outside of town in a small farm house). Together with his brother. They were then about 8 months or so old. Probably kicked out of the car at the start of the summer holidays. My inlaws fed them and gave them some basic needs (food, water and some love). But they didn't want a cat anymore, because they wanted to emmigrate. And when that happened, my sister-in-law took one brother and we took the other. But only after he was nutered! (my mother-in-law went to the vet with him for a general health checkup, an animal passport and nutering).

Responsible cat care is something his former owner never knew about... You could barely scratch his head, he'd stiffen up. If you picked him up, you might as well have picked up a stone, that's how stiff he would become. Now, he's such a sweet cat! He finally started to relax when picked up, he comes for head scratches and will simply cuddle up on you (if he likes you, otherwise you won't see him )

We still wonder what happend to the little one (yes, that's his name, monster is his second ) He was a very well behaved cat, sweet, cuddly, most likely grew up with dogs. But he was picked up from the street. If only he could tell his tale...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #45
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Mr M brain training
You're in danger, you know that, don't you?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote