Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
calibre not recognizing kindle fire?

I connected the Kindle Fire to my computer yesterday and it does not read the Kindle Fire. I don't have the option of sending any of the books to the Fire. Am I missing some important step here?
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It has been supported since 0.8.27, if you are not using the latest (0.8.30) I suggest upgrading and trying again.

It has always worked either way for me, but you can also try plugging in the Fire to USB either before or after starting up Calibre. I always start from the home page of the Fire.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Ah. I had not updated. I tried it this afternoon and all worked well. Thanks!
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote