Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
suzuki1
suzuki1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
library books download

Hi, I'm new to this eek. I have just purchased a Sony PRS505 e-reader which I love as its so easy. BUT I have been on my local library web site and downloaded a book. I got the software etc. but when I opened the book on the reader it says protected page. Has anybody any tips or is it not going to happen with them.

Suzuki1
suzuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Suzuki1 and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here, try posting your question in the Sony 505 section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Suziki1 !

Our MR Wiki has a page called Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide. Click on "Borrowing library books" to find information about reading library books on your Reader.

When you install ADE you must use the SAME log in and password that you used for Sony Reader Library in order for the books to be opened.

Also, please take note of this information in that section: "You can borrow epub and pdf books from your library, but be careful to never have both epub and pdf library books on your reader at the same time, as there is a conflict and you will not be able to access them."

I hope this helps and please let us know what happens.

Last edited by dreams; 02-18-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: spelling
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, suzuki1.

And don't forget to try some of the great books available here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Hope you get your problem sorted.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I had this same problem the first time I got a library book. It turns out I had not authorized the reader to my account. You have to go into the preferences of your sony account while logged into the software and perform this extra step.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
suzuki1

Hi all,
Thanks for all the replys, I really like this site, so friendly. The books I tried to download were from my local library not sony library. I could download to the laptop but not to my reader. Mad or what? I only had one book so no conflicting stuff.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
suzuki1

Hi all

Thanks for posts, I really appreciated it. I worked it out, it was the sd card that was the trouble. When I downloaded from my local library the books said protected. After much ag and different tries, I took the sd card out and tried again and lo and behold it worked. I then put the sd card back in and wow, it still worked, so if anybody else has any problems with it, that is the cure. thanks again peeps.

Christine