Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
kl_0
kl_0 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
two files for the same book?

Hey,

I recently added a book I had in two different formats but it created two files for it. Is there a way tell Calibre that it is the same book without having to delete it and add it again?

Thanks!
kl_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Add one of the books, and then after doing that go into Edit Metadata mode on that book and you will be able to add the second format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
I would like to know if it possible to store two version in the same format. In some cases I make a cropped version of a pdf (software manual with huge margins for example) but would like to keep the uncropped version. When I add a file with the same format, calibre replaces the other file.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You cannot do two of the SAME file. What I have done is just use the same title and append it to my liking so I know what the cropped version is.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
You cannot do two of the SAME file. What I have done is just use the same title and append it to my liking so I know what the cropped version is.
There is an alternative trick you can use to get multiple identical formats into a single ebook record. Calibre will accept zip and rar format files. You can put anything you want into those containers and drop them into any ebook record. A rar file could include a dozen pdf copies of the same book. You would have to save them out and unrar/unzip them to get at the contents.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert