Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
cotr
cotr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 630
How to write an app for Pocketbook?

Hello,

I read some of the threads in here. And I search somethings via Google but I can't figure out how can I begin to write my app for Pocketbook. Can anyone write a roadmap for from scratch?

I am a web developer, I know JS, PHP, PYTHON. So if its possible with that language. If it's not possible what should I learn?
cotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk

C/C++
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
In terms of a roadmap, there isn't anything official. Your best bet is to look at the inkview.h file in the SDK to see what the API functions are. Looking at the code of working applications is also a big help. There are some example applications within the SDK. There are also some third-party applications whose source code is available. Search this forum and you should be able to find some of those. If you have specific questions, you can ask them here, and someone may know the answer to it.

The PocketBook devices are linux systems. You can use the SDK to cross-compile software for those systems and then install it in internal memory or on the SD card. You could probably build python for it if you were so inclined.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Python source: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3....n-3.5.2.tar.xz
SDK: https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk

Build instructions for Linux with SDK_481 (FW5):

- Get the SDK and put it in your home dir ~/
- Get the python source, extract it and put the dir in ~/PBDEV/sources
- Extract the attached pocketbook-build.sh.zip and put the script in ~/PBDEV/sources/Python-3.5.2
- run the script

Or you could just try the build I attached. I didn't test it but I suppose it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip python.zip (878.5 KB, 1191 views)
File Type: zip pocketbook-build.sh.zip (504 Bytes, 1026 views)
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #5
readMax
Enthusiast
readMax began at the beginning.

Device: Pro612
If you like to try without installing and configure you should take a look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224164

Greetings
readMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
nomoi
nomoi began at the beginning.

Device: pb627
issues on compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Python source: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3....n-3.5.2.tar.xz
SDK: https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk

Build instructions for Linux with SDK_481 (FW5):

- Get the SDK and put it in your home dir ~/
- Get the python source, extract it and put the dir in ~/PBDEV/sources
- Extract the attached pocketbook-build.sh.zip and put the script in ~/PBDEV/sources/Python-3.5.2
- run the script

Or you could just try the build I attached. I didn't test it but I suppose it should work.
When I try this I get the following after "make python":

arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrap
v -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror=declaration-after-statement -I. -IInclu
de -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Programs/python.o ./Programs/python.c
as: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_ty
pe_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc: internal compiler error: Aborted (program as)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [Makefile:773: Programs/python.o] Error 4

It's no priority for me to compile python especially, because I intended to compile mg, ssh and such, but I wanted to understand the procedure and I'm not sure how to do properly.

Last edited by nomoi; 10-29-2020 at 10:42 PM. Reason: syntax
nomoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #7
JuanJakobo
JuanJakobo began at the beginning.

Device: PB HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoi View Post
When I try this I get the following after "make python":

arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrap
v -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror=declaration-after-statement -I. -IInclu
de -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Programs/python.o ./Programs/python.c
as: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_ty
pe_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc: internal compiler error: Aborted (program as)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [Makefile:773: Programs/python.o] Error 4

It's no priority for me to compile python especially, because I intended to compile mg, ssh and such, but I wanted to understand the procedure and I'm not sure how to do properly.

Using C++ I got:

collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted], core dumped
ld: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.app.dir/build.make:129: bin/HelloWorld.app] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/johann/Dokumente/Repo/Github/Pocketbook-HelloWorld'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:76: CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.app.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/johann/Dokumente/Repo/Github/Pocketbook-HelloWorld'
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

and fixed it setting
LANG=/usr/lib/locale/en_US

Might also help in your case.
JuanJakobo is offline   Reply With Quote