Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Get Books search - extremely fuzzy search results?

Hi! Get Books is a very handy feature, but I can't seem to find an option to disable fuzziness. The attached screenshot shows that a search for "the player of games" yields 89 hits, of which only seven have that exact title (and were the book I was looking for). One of the more bewildering hits was this one: http://weightlessbooks.com/format/bo...paper-stories/. It does not contain anything pertaining to my search string, except for a chapter called "The Dolceola Player".

Did I miss an option to only include exact substring match? If not, I propose an option to enable that for title and author, as calibre is obviously aware of the distinction. A substring match might be best, as a subtitle is sometimes included in the title. The filter could probably just apply to the gui, not the search requests themselves.

If I misunderstood something in the GUI I apologise, and would be thankful for enlightenment as to what I did wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get_books_the_player_of_games.png
Views:	317
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	105443  
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should probably open a bug report, as otherwise user_none (who maintains Get Books) may not see this.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert