Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #61
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I usually keep a small collection of fiction and non-fiction books on my kindle, plus several anthologies of short stories or non-fiction essays for when I don't feel like starting a new book or just want to take a short break from one. Also there are books I feel like I should read that I keep on the kindle to make me feel guilty when I see it.

Of course, the number gets bigger over time . Sometimes I load a book intending to read it next but then something else catches my eye.

If the number of books is too big it makes it harder to navigate, so every now and then I delete everything and start over.
The only collections I have are "Nightstand" for books I am reading or expect to read soon and "Browse" for books that are good for reading a little at a time like anthologies or collections of articles and essays.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #62
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I used to keep almost my entire library on my kindles, but since getting the Paperwhite I've decided to keep things more simple. I now I have about 50 books on my PW. I broke it down to the books I'm currently reading, the books to be read next, and then a select bunch I intend to read soon.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #63
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
I tend to keep 100 to 150 on my reader I find that I read alot of series so I will usually load the whole series and remove them when i am finished .I store everything with my calibre but also store everything on a usb just incase my computer gets zapped .
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #64
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I can have anywhere from 30 to 200 books on any of my ereaders at any given time. I would fit more on my K4 if I could, but I've found that having too many ebooks on the device tends to slow it down. I just bought the Nook 1st gen actually, for the expandable memory and the ability to load all of my books onto one device. Usually I'm reading at least three books simultaneously, and I like to have the rest on hand in case I get bored with what I'm reading at the moment.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #65
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I have between 400 and 500. This is mostly because Amazon insists on defaulting to sending books to my kindle when I "buy" free books. I need to start having them left in the cloud until I am ready. I list them all in my TBR stack anyway, so I don't really need them on the device until I am ready to read them.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I went from keeping over 400 on it, to now keeping my to 25 on it.
I plug my reader in every day anyway, (into calibre, and fetch my news downloads), so going to nab another book or three when I am done isn't a hardship.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #67
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I read mainly library books. I have maybe a dozen non-library books on the ereader right now. If I build up a bigger collection, I will probably just keep the ones I am most likely to read on the ereader and store the rest on my home computer.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #68
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
My collection at present is stable at about 8100 eBooks stored in Calibre. Almost all of them are kept on my NT (approx. 7700) I consider that my main collection. I keep another 200 or so on my Sony 505, they are mostly reference books. I keep another 1500 (approx.) on my Sony 700, they constitute my most likely to be read books, these books are always on my NT as well. I do this so one can be read when the other is charging or whichever reader is most convenient at the time.

Since we travel a great deal, I prefer to have my collection constantly available between the three devices. I also have a Nook Classic with another 200 eBooks. I read relatively fast and I finish what I start, unless I find the book's content totally unacceptable.

Last edited by Tattncat; 10-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #69
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I've got about 500 on one of my kindles. My second kindle and android devices have about 300 on each device. I don't have a limit though. I will carry on adding books until the memory is full or I need to take some off because my device is slowing down.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #70
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I read one and only one book on each reader, but I have multiple readers and multiple books going on at the same time.
This is pretty much what I do! I have different genres on different devices. So if I am in the mood for one genre, I know which ereader to grab!

My black Sony T1 has 1000+, my red one has 1500. My two Kindle keyboards each have well under 200. My paperwhite has under 100. I haven't made that one genre specific yet.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #71
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
If you have a couple thousand books mainly in your archive how do you browse it on your kindle to find a book you want to read. Assuming you don't remember the specific title or even the author, just the general genre you are looking for?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #72
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
More than I can read which is how I like it so that when I start a new book, I get a choice among several ones.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #73
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I have my iPad with me right now, 64GB. This is what is on her not including music, pictures, TV, Movies or Gaming Apps.

1) Catalogues: Ikea, Crate & Barrel, Plow & Hearth, Williams-Sonoma, West Elm, Viva Terra, Home Decorators, Brookstone & CB2.
2) App called Civil War Today (history Channel)
3) Next Issue: Cooking Light (8 issues), Southern Living (2 issues), This Old House (8 issues), Vogue (5 issues), InStyle (5 issues), Conde Nast Traveler (3 issues).
4) Zinio: (all are yearly subscriptions) Good Food, Everyday Food, Dwell, Tatoo, iPhone Life, Macworld, Mother Earth News, Natl Geo, Natl Geo Traveler, Paranormal, Handyman & Whole Living (this year I was given OK and Star subscription for free).
5) Comic Zeal reader: part of my collection of Classics Illustrated (about 20 issues)
6) GoodReader: Natl Lampoon 90s (28 issues), MAD comic (26 issues)
7) Comic Plus: 40 free issues of misc comics
8) kindle reader: 14 books, Taste of Home (4 issues), Arts & Crafts Homes (2 issues)
9) iBooks: about 31 books
10) Newsstand: bon appetit (5 issues), Real Simple (10 issues), Empire (2 issues), HGTV (6 issues), Glamour (4 issues).

As you can see I love pictures and color. The iPad is the clear winner if you want to read comics and magazines. If you love cook books and travel books it can't be beat.

Last edited by pagansoul; 10-16-2012 at 09:46 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #74
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
I have a K3, not much memory onboard. It doesn't matter though, because I found that keeping too many books in the device is detrimental to focused reading.

I just don't have the discipline. I couldn't read on the ipad because I would keep getting distracted and go play a game or surf the net.
I found the same thing, any tablet type device like my iPad or Nexus 7, have too many distractions for me to simply read.

As for my eReaders, I don't have exact numbers but my first reader my Sony 505 I believe reached almost 500 books at one time. My Kindle Keyboard around the 350 mark is the uppermost level I remember reaching, my Kindle Touch has around the 50 to 60 mark but my Mum sort of hoards that one since I let her 'test' it out a couple of months back hence the much lower figure.

I keep saying I won't hoard too many books on my device but I know myself better. My new Kobo Glo has around the 70 mark as it downloaded my entire Kobo library upon registration with said account. I have between the 300 to 400 mark total 'in the cloud' at Amazon so I'm grateful that I can pick and choose what and when to download my Amazon Library.

I like that I can create shelves (Glo) or collections (Kindle) to organize my library on my device. I have a Freebie shelf/collection, Romance + sub-genres as there is so many of those in my library, Classics (mainly free as they are open domain), and Fanfiction to name but a few.

I don't find the amount of books on my device stops me reading a book through. Even with physical books I have several 'on the go' at the same time there as well. This is hereditary as my Mum is exactly the same. Only now I have several 'on the go' on my reader and several more 'on the go' with my massive physical book collection as well.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #75
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have my entire ebook collection on my reader, which is about 380 ebooks at the moment. I will continue to put al my future ebooks on my reader as long as the reader can hold it and still function.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote