Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
another alternative, and one which I use on occasion, is to open the OPDS catalog that calibre has built in, which can be accessed in a browser via your calibre IP. In my case, its 192.168.1.3:8080. You can get yours by starting up the Content Server under "Connect/Share" and checking its IP there. Then, simply search for the book you want, tell your device to download, and open in iBooks.

Here's what the front end looks like, when I load it up in Safari on my ipad. I find this the easiest way to get books into readers which don't allow direct access to the Calibre Library
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	138409  

Last edited by kyteflyer; 05-17-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Added UI screenshot
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I use FileBrowser. I can transfer my books from my PC hard drive over wifi, or plug it into my computer and use IFunBox to transfer files over. Then when I want to open a book in Marvin or Bluefire I go to Filebrowser, do a search or look under my catagories, then click on the file I want. It them asks me what program to open the book in.

I do miss being able to load into Marvin, though.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I have File Browser too, cant even remember the login details anymore, I found I just didn't need it. I like using the Calibre OPDS catalog thats built in because it is browser and operating system agnostic. and it doesn't require installation of any other application. If I am out and about, I just grab from dropbox. Don't need it that often though, I must confess.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote