Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #436
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_rock View Post
Help!

I cant install duokan (last version) because of U007 error.
Im trying to install after a hard reset.
I have a Kindle 3.3 wifi, so i use the bin file "update_duokan_0b008" located in "kindle3.2.1&3.3+²+¦³(for 3.2.1&3.3 version update)"
you should copy DK_System folder as well.

you may try this:
  • backup your data( especially in document folder)
  • uninstall jailbreak
  • reset your Kindle to factory defaults
  • copy coresponding bin file an the DK_System folder
  • update via menu>settings>menu> update
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #437
evil_rock
evil_rock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your response.
I follow your steps. I got the same error (U007) although, after the kindle restart, duokan started successfully.... The problem i have now, is the battery charge. Doukan show 0% of charge and it shows the message "failure" when i want to switch to Kindle OS and i have to restart it.
evil_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #438
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_rock View Post
The problem i have now, is the battery charge. Doukan show 0% of charge and it shows the message "failure" when i want to switch to Kindle OS and i have to restart it.
This is the expected behavior if you use launchpad to run Duokan lite (ie this one)

if this is the case, after using "switch to Kindle" ( and seeing the "failure" message) press [Shift D X] to switch back to the Kindle OS again .

Last edited by thomass; 04-18-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #439
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbs View Post
Hi, after some fighting, i could put Duokan 2012 on Kindle DXG 3.2.1 but the keymap is all messed, does anyone have a kindle3 keystroke table to make some mapping? with symbol resize etc..
Also the main menu, is on a 6' size, it gets fullscreen on screensaver, pdf reading.
Sorry, I won't get my K3G back for about 6 weeks. Have you looked at the Launchpad mod? They have a lot of information on the keyboard and keycodes.

I am interested in putting the Duokan 2012 along with the old Duokan on my DXG after I upgrade to 3.1 in about 6 weeks. Could you explain how you performed the installation?

EDIT: Also the terminal mod has the keycodes.

Last edited by donB006; 04-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #440
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
Sorry, I won't get my K3G back for about 6 weeks. Have you looked at the Launchpad mod? They have a lot of information on the keyboard and keycodes.

I am interested in putting the Duokan 2012 along with the old Duokan on my DXG after I upgrade to 3.1 in about 6 weeks. Could you explain how you performed the installation?

EDIT: Also the terminal mod has the keycodes.
Yes, but it doesnt work, kindle dxg 3.2.1 misses /dev/input/event2, i tried a lot of keys from keydefs.ini using
Code:
echo "send xx" > /dev/proc/keypad 
echo "send xx" > /dev/proc/fiveway
duokan 2012 doesnt respond with select, up, down, aa keycodes.

To get english language, I had to put Language=2 on DK_System/xKindle/config.ini :
Code:
BookSortType=2
MediaSortType=2
Language=2
Also, to put Duokan 2012, you have to resize rootfs partition, because it would fill up all the disk and wont get installed.
Finally i got tired, and got back to Firmware 2.5.8 and Duokan 520 release. I have to use the kindle, and im short of time.
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #441
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Quote:
Finally i got tired, and got back to Firmware 2.5.8 and Duokan 520 release. I have to use the kindle, and im short of time.
OK thanks for the answer. I still plan to put kindle 3.1 firmware on my DXG and at least stay with the old Duokan 520. Now I will avoid the Duokan Lite.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #442
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
thomass,
The first link (in post #1) to the dictinary download no longer works; it redirects to some other web site.

http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #443
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
thomass,
The first link (in post #1) to the dictinary download no longer works; it redirects to some other web site.

http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php
thanks. they've closed the repository : http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

I'll remove it then.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #444
ron0909
Enthusiast
ron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with others

Device: K-3 WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite
Hopefully posting this link here isn't inappropriate . While searching for a suitable dictionary to use within Duokan I came across this site http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/dict.org/
ron0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #445
jocaps
Nameless Being

The download page for Doukan 2012 is a bit outdated, in the chinese forum thread there is a link to the 2012-04-19.C8529 version (click on 普通下载)

The word "Lite" before it was renamed "2012" comes to me as a bit ironic as the "Lite" Version although it supports much less than the 0520 version (I got mines from flip's blog) it still quite huge in comparison (63Mb for Lite and 40Mb for Doukan 0520). I do admit that the lite has better mobi format reading (though the paging gets a bit laggy because it requires more processor and thus also more battery), but I just really need to be able to read the djvu books. So to get the best of 3 world's (Kindle, Doukan and Doukan 2012) I did the following:

1. Delete DK_System and install doukan 2012
2. Copy DK_System content from Doukan 0520 into DK_System of 2012 (in my Kindle 3.2)
3. Reboot ...

and then now I get 3 boot options from Doukan 2012 .. I can either
Press Q: and go to Doukan 2012 (if I want a good mobi reading experience)
Press A: and go to Doukan 0520 (and get my lovely djvu support AND have a faster paging AND less battery consumption)
Press Z: and go to Kindle if I want a Kindle reading experience.. (I hardly do this because I can't even switch to Doukan folders in Kindle and I want only one copy of my ebooks)

The rebooting and switching is painfully time-consuming but I'll go with this (rather than convert djvu or read crappy mobi in Doukan 0520). I tried to hack the install script (probably if I put in the djvulibre library in the installation script after mounting it would support djvu :P .. I was wishing too much) but it didn't work. We'll just have to wait and see if either Doukan 2012 or another new software can give us a better support.

Last edited by jocaps; 04-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #446
epacki
epacki began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor
I've been using Duokan 2012 on my K3 for several weeks. (I also use Kite and the Coolreader 3.)

I'm using it more and I like it. I like the email account for getting books onto the Kindle. I like the ability to read epubs. It's better at displaying pdfs. The people making it are doing a pretty good job. I use Coolreader and Duokan a lot more for reading than the Kindle software. I don't find that there's much difference restarting my Kindle with or without all the stuff that I've added on.

Duokan originally installed without problems. The new update (2012-04-19.C8529 version) installed all by itself. I didn't believe it would go so smoothly! I don't know what was improved with the update. I haven't quite mastered the Chinese characters yet.
epacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #447
runner84
runner84 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
arghh, where is thomass?
This week's (2012-04-19.C8529) changelog:
Quote:
Added features :
  • PDF Cross screen supports a single page read modes.
Improved features:
  • EPUB-layout is optimized speed, reduce electricity consumption;
  • Optimal EPUB styles support.
To fix the problem:
  • Fixes some EPUB book books open panic issues (example: second head. epub)
  • Fixed some PDF books open panic issues, (example: modern compiler principle-c language)
  • Fix MOBI books occasionally turn failure problem.
runner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #448
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
This is just epic. I use this to view my comics now. A couple questions. 1) Are we allowed to request things?

If we are, just in case here are my suggestions:

-On the setting page, the chinese at the top, it would be nice if this was translated to chinese.
- It would be really Nice however I think possibly improbable. If for items like comics. You could dispaly instead of the file name: The first Picture in the comic ( The title page)
-In the pdf reader: there is a white bar, at the bottom, that covers several pixels.Can this be removed, unless it serves a purpose I have not discovered. It seems it is always in the way of the text I want to read.
-More English Translations , I see several words , that are still in chinese, which would be nice if they were translated further.

End Suggestion.

2) What is QiuShiBaike ?
3) After Installing Duokan 2012, and then connecting to WiFi to update. I realised that my WIFI works perfect in Duokan. However then switching to Kindle OS,it appears that WIFI wont work anymore. I know that my WIFI is on.It is a problemwith kindle OS, that suspisiously started after installation. So My question is: Will resetting to factory defaults, get rid of Duokan? Or Like Kite, will it remain there for me to use after Factory Default?
4) When viewing PDFs. I click on the cut edges where it only allows me to select:
Normal and Auto However Not Manual

Then in the 'Split' Section it will only allow me to select the bottom left one.

Is This due to the PDF, and its formatting? Or is my Duokan Broken?

5) Can I make the books in Kindle OS also display and be readable in the Duokan 2012 OS?

Thanks Again,

Conner

Last edited by Conner; 04-22-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added info
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #449
jocaps
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
This is just epic. I use this to view my comics now. A couple questions. 1) Are we allowed to request things?
sure but I think you are better off doing request in doukan's english website.

Quote:
5) Can I make the books in Kindle OS also display and be readable in the Duokan 2012 OS?
Sure. Do a "Folder View", by pressing "X" and then selecting "Folder". Then choose the "documents" folder, that is where all your kindle books are stored. Unfortunately, unless you saved all your Doukan Ebooks in the dokuments folder, you can't read your Doukan Ebooks if you have booted in Kindle.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #450
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner84 View Post
arghh, where is thomass?
Just thought that w/o providing mirrors there is not much use of listing changelog.
I'm a bit losing my interest in Duokan also.( after replacing my Kindle3 with a Kindle Touch)
BTW: You're doing great

Quote:
Are we allowed to request things?
Sure, but not here. You should use kindleuser@duokan.com for your all bug reports and requests.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf