Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #3076
voldek
voldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheesevoldek can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
I have K3 3.4. If I want uninstall jailbreak 0.6.N & sshack 0.20.N I should use newest unistaller version or do I need 0.6.N one? Should I first uninstall sshack then jailbreak or priority doesn't matter?
voldek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #3077
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3gb (3g)
hi guys

I often use usbnetwork and connecting via ssh to my kindle. I am concerned about the battery of my kindle. Does the USB-Connection charge the battery? i think yes.
But that hurts the battery, doesnt it?
Is there a command to prevent the battery gets loaded while usbnetworking?

Last edited by fonzie4msg; 04-21-2013 at 02:00 PM.
fonzie4msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #3078
kolosus
kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 4 NT (wifi), Kindle 5 (3g + wifi)
You are thinking of the old nickel cadmium batteries. The kindle has the new type, nickel metal hydride or lithium polymer. Unless you have an older kindle. I'm not sure on those. The newer batteries don't have the memory effect, the older ones do. What's in your kindle?
kolosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #3079
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I think:
1,750 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
Old 04-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #3080
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie4msg View Post
hi guys

I often use usbnetwork and connecting via ssh to my kindle. I am concerned about the battery of my kindle.
Does the USB-Connection charge the battery?
i think yes.
But that hurts the battery, doesnt it?
Is there a command to prevent the battery gets loaded while usbnetworking?
1) Yes
2) Correct
3) No - battery management is under hardware control.
4) Not required - the battery management cycles the charger on/off as required, even when using the USB cable for networking.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #3081
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur

Wow. Sounds good. So no need to worry.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #3082
fyrogenesis
Undead
fyrogenesis began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia, Kindle 3, Dell Streak, Asus TF101, iPad 2 3g 64gb, Note
hi guys. i am using kindle 3 wifi. i already get the font and ordinary screensaver hack working but not the cover.

i only get a blank page screensaver when i put 'cover' file inside linkss. pls help
fyrogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #3083
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Did you reboot the K3wifi? I have to reboot whenever I switch to a new book otherwise it doesn't create the new cover file (which replaces the blank 'cover' file or the previous book cover).
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3084
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrogenesis View Post
hi guys. i am using kindle 3 wifi. i already get the font and ordinary screensaver hack working but not the cover.

i only get a blank page screensaver when i put 'cover' file inside linkss. pls help
Did you install the python part of the hack?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #3085
Tiny_Tim
Tiny_Tim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Unhappy Folders not created by Hack

Hi all,

I have a kindle 3.4 wifi that I would like to change the screensavers on. I am sure I am using the right bin file (K3w) and the firmware does alter the file structure of my kindle but does not create the folders that you mention. linkss/screensavers. It does create //linkjail folder but that is all.

I'm a newby to kindle hacking but a pretty experienced computer user.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
Tim
Tiny_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #3086
fyrogenesis
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
Did you reboot the K3wifi? I have to reboot whenever I switch to a new book otherwise it doesn't create the new cover file (which replaces the blank 'cover' file or the previous book cover).
thank for the reply. so i need to reboot everytime i switch a book? it didnt really worked for me, but i guess i gave up already and might just drop the book cover image on screensaver folder everytime i started a new read

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Did you install the python part of the hack?
yup. twice, in fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Tim View Post
Hi all,

I have a kindle 3.4 wifi that I would like to change the screensavers on. I am sure I am using the right bin file (K3w) and the firmware does alter the file structure of my kindle but does not create the folders that you mention. linkss/screensavers. It does create //linkjail folder but that is all.

I'm a newby to kindle hacking but a pretty experienced computer user.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
Tim
have u installed kindle-ss-0.34.N.zip? ss = screensaver

another questions: should i uninstall the old hacks before applying the new ones? because i didnt do so. my current hacks version:
jailbreak: 0.7N
ss: 0.33.N
font: 5.6.N
note: i might have problems uninstalling them as i didnt have the original packages already and i gather this site didnt have them stored somewhere.

Last edited by fyrogenesis; 05-06-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #3087
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@fyrogenesis-
When things are working properly you do not need to restart everytime you change books to get the new book cover image as the screensaver.
When I updated my K2i screensaver hack so I could use the 'cover' option, I did do an uninstall first (as my version was ancient) and then ran the updated bin file....I did not redo the jailbreak.

P.S.- I know it doesn't help you now, but I keep all of my hack uninstall bin files in a folder on my device so I always have them.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #3088
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrogenesis View Post
note: i might have problems uninstalling them as i didnt have the original packages already and i gather this site didnt have them stored somewhere.
In general, the un-installer in the most recent version of a package will un-install any older version.

Which is why you find that: "this site didn't have them stored somewhere".

As already suggested, maybe next time you will "store them somewhere" yourself, just in case you find a package that does not follow the general rule above.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #3089
fyrogenesis
Undead

Thanks guys. it already working now. no need to restart also when changing books.

What i did (put here so it might help others):
1) Uninstall all hacks using the new package uninstall.bin. Restart on each uninstall
2) Delete all link folders. Restart
3) Install all new hacks. Restart on each install. (note: before ss hack, install phython first)
4) ???
5) Profit
6) Additional: as suggested, remember to save the downloaded package somewhere! (i put it in the kindle. )

one question: why some books retain the original fonts even after font hack? it happen both on purchased and sideloaded ones.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #3090
knc1
Going Viral

Some book types (such as pdf) may have an image of the original page, not the characters of the page.

Mention what file types the font hack does not change for you.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet