Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
slammerkin
Star-gazer
slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Retired Pandigital)
Inserting images into Metadata

Is it possible to insert images into the metadata "comments" with Calibre?

I always add the book description in the metadata. A lot of the books I read are historical fiction, and b/c I'm off-grid a lot of the time, i like to also add some Wikipedia info about the book subject into the metadata, and with it, any creative commons images on the Wikipredia page.

After doing this, i use Calibre to convert the book (epub to epub), so I can insert the metadata at the beginning of the ebook.

The problem is, when I do this, only the text shows up (and the cover image, if I've added/changed one). The images I inserted into the metadata "comments" are missing- yet they still show up in the right hand column of Calibre, with the text, if I highlight the book.

Did that make sense? I've taken some screenshots to better explain.

My question is, is it possible to add images with text to the metadata? Because it shows up in Calibre, I figured there must be a way. And if not this way, is there another way to add text and images to the ebook with Calibre, at the beginning (or end) of the ebook, to refer to when I'm off grid?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

slammerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can try using data urls, that *may* work. Though if all you want to do is insert some text/images into the book, you can use the Tweak Book feature if you are familiar with html or you can use Sigil or some other epub editing software.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert