Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Problems with ADE?

Up til now I've always made fb2's but decided to try to convert to epubs.

I find the default size in ADE too small to read easily so I used a base deja vu font of size 12pt, and converted using calibre. I checked it on my Hanlen but it was still too small so I up it to 14pt and checked again. Even though I was using the new version (I'd changed the name to make sure of this - the size of the font was still the same).

I could live with having to zoom to medium but I noticed that when I put my Hanlen on standby and then turned it back on it was no longer on zoom. I take it that that is a problem with ADE. Does anyone know a work-round? If there isn't one I'll just have to go back to using FB2s.
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think you can better use em as type instead of pt in your stylesheet. In that way, 1em is the default font size of your reader and zooming would work. By the way, I think that it is the Hanlin and not ADE.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert