Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
RebaFoote
RebaFoote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Paranormal Romance Novel—In Shadows ($2.99)

I would like to present to you my new paranormal romance novel, In Shadows. Available now at Amazon.com , OmniLit, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

Description:

In the fall of 1832, London, England, Ariana Dallenhauf begins an unlikely journey into the dark reaches of the unknown. Her guide and mentor, Dimitri Rochester, takes the young woman and attempts to transform her into what he deems more worthy, an immortal; for Dimitri Rochester is the shadow that consumes light; he is an artful killer, a vampire. Although Ariana is reluctant, she has no choice but to follow Dimitri into her new existence.

While adapting to her new life, Ariana discovers that her assumptions about Dimitri are wrong and her feelings for him have changed into something more passionate. In gaining a better understanding of what it means to be a vampire, Ariana discovers her history with vampires goes back further than she ever imagined, for she is in the middle of a legend and has become part of its unfolding story.

A sample of In Shadows is available at the above listed retailers and my website. Thank you for reading my post.

Rebecca Foote
www.rebeccasfoote.com

Last edited by RebaFoote; 11-11-2011 at 06:14 PM.
RebaFoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, Rebecca! I just asked if you were the author to In Shadows in your intro thread.

We love to support authors who join and participate in our forums. (especially, those who offer their work in multiple formats! )

Jump in and ask if you have any questions and a friendly forum member will do their best to help.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
RebaFoote

In Shadows Excerpt

Today I would like to post an excerpt from In Shadows. I hope you enjoy it.

Excerpt:

"This is Miss Ariana Dallenhauf and she is betrothed to Mr. Nathaniel Preston." Dimitri swept his arm toward Ariana to draw his brother's eye to her near perfection.

Trevaun smiled and shook his head ruefully. He, too, had read her mind and now knew the whole truth. "Even I wouldn't be so cruel, Dimitri. She is but a child, and one not long before her wedding day, I might add."

"True, she is. I find that I want her all the more because of it." He walked up to her and gently caressed her hair. She stood perfectly still, looking longingly into his eyes. "So much beauty, so delicate, so desirable," Dimitri said as he looked upon her. Being unexpectedly drawn to Ariana was puzzling to him because a human had never had that kind of effect on him before.

Being near her, his bloodlust began to intensify, the beast within would soon take over, and he would have to have her. As the beast stirred, his eyes began to glow and his teeth lengthen. He gently kissed her, while struggling to hold back his ferocious nature. He had already decided he would be a gentleman about taking her, if such a thing could be done.

He tilted her head back and she completely gave in, going any direction he turned her. She began to tremble so he stopped and just looked at her. She felt desire burning within and reached behind herself to loosen her dress, pulled it gently off her shoulder, and guided it downward until it pooled at her feet.

—End of Excerpt—

Thank you for reading the excerpt. For another sample, please visit Amazon.com, OmniLit, and Smashwords.

Last edited by RebaFoote; 11-09-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Rebecca

I don't normally read vampire stuff, but I read the first two pages of your book, and I bought it..

Thanks you, and welcome to MR

Last edited by lene1949; 12-03-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Grammar
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
RebaFoote

Thank you Lene! I hope you enjoy my book. I love hearing from my readers—my experience here on MR has been great!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
RebaFoote

Chapter One Excerpt

(Excerpt) Chapter One—The Shadowy Figure:

London, England
September, 1832

As night fell across a dark, lonely street, flickering street lamps on either side of the cobblestone street glimmered. Ominous clouds gathered, threatening rain, and a chilly breeze began to blow. The door to the Ladies Boutique, a purveyor of fine ladies dresses, linens, and lace, opened as its assistant shopkeeper left the building. She glanced up at the sky and turned back to lock the door. Turning the key, the lock clicked, echoing lightly down the empty street. She briskly walked down the sidewalk while pulling a shawl over her head.

If only I had brought my umbrella today. It's going to rain. I just know it, she thought.

As if she'd summoned the rain by thought, it started to sprinkle lightly. Sprinkles became raindrops that soon turned to puddles on the road. She hurried along, trying to avoid splashing her dress, but even with great care, the hem of her dress became damp. The sound of the rain and her footsteps beat rhythmically down the street. Off in the distance on Golden Lane, she heard local pubs opening and music playing.

Down the street under cover of the bridge, a silent figure stood. From the shadows, he watched her make her way down the street. She began to have an uneasy feeling, glancing over her shoulder, she noticed the dark personage. The distraction caused her to step directly into a deep puddle; she glanced down only for a moment to catch her footing. When she looked back up, he had disappeared. She paused, staring at the bridge. Feelings of fear began to sweep over her, for she had heard strange stories of disappearances. Of course, these were dismissed as old wives tales, stories told merely to scare people. Yet something inside of her, perhaps instinctual, told her she must hurry home quickly.

—End of Excerpt—

http://www.rebeccasfoote.com

Last edited by RebaFoote; 11-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
RebaFoote

Paranormal Romance- In Shadows

If you love to read romance books, please check out In Shadows. Published by Echelon Press and available at Amazon.com, OmniLit, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

Description:

In the fall of 1832, London, England, Ariana Dallenhauf begins an unlikely journey into the dark reaches of the unknown. Her guide and mentor, Dimitri Rochester, takes the young woman and attempts to transform her into what he deems more worthy, an immortal; for Dimitri Rochester is the shadow that consumes light; he is an artful killer, a vampire. Although Ariana is reluctant, she has no choice but to follow Dimitri into her new existence.

While adapting to her new life, Ariana discovers that her assumptions about Dimitri are wrong and her feelings for him have changed into something more passionate. In gaining a better understanding of what it means to be a vampire, Ariana discovers her history with vampires goes back further than she ever imagined, for she is in the middle of a legend and has become part of its unfolding story.

Sample chapters are available at Amazon, OmniLit, and Smashwords.

Thank you

Last edited by RebaFoote; 11-09-2011 at 09:17 PM.