Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindle Fire Update 4.5.4

I just noticed my Kindle Fire 7 2013 updated a day ago. First thing I noticed is my brightness is finally fixed! I no longer need Screen Dim anymore. When it first update last year to Fire 4 the screen at minimum was suddenly too bright. They finally fixed it back to the original brightness it had. I am so happy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My Fire HD6 updated 3 days ago; I didn't notice because I've been very busy setting up my new Fire Phone. But it seems the brightness has restored range, and performance is significantly better (once some background process finished running). It would probably be too much to hope that battery usage has been improved as well.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-02-2015 at 08:47 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My KF6 also updated but the brightness seems the same as it always was but it did come with Fire 4 but my KF7 had Fire 3 Mojito first before Sangria came out.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Mine updated yesterday. I don't know if it's related but today my browser kept on crashing when I tried to open it. I ended up having to go in and clear the data cache out (Amazon help suggestion) in order to get it to work again. Bookmarks, passwords all gone. What a pain. But at least the browser works again.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Had the 4.5.4 for a while now. Interesting that using the Amazon slim-hdmi adapter to send YouTube videos to the TV, the fire hdx 8.9 can be charged at the same time & that the charging charges the fire hdx quicker than the discharge! Prior to the 4.5.4, connecting the charger to the adapter, only slowed down the discharge rate.

The Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still discharges rapidly when connecting to the charger. In my case, the Galaxy won't even send a signal to the TV/AVR without being connected to the charger.

The only "problem" is that the sound is on/off & the "on" is VERY loud compared to what is normally used/set.

Don't know if using the "UFC" or mira-cast will work the same way on the fire hdx when it is connected to a charger.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I am having a problem with silk browser since the update. I've had to "clear data" in the app settings several times. The browser works for a few minutes, then freezes. It worked fine before the update.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I've had that problem since the first Sangria update on both tablets. Clear data and restart sometimes work but I just use another browser now.