Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
[Android App] Calibre Companion and my 16 GB Micro SD Card

I am having a similar problem to another poster. I am trying to get Calibre and Calibre Companion to recognise my 16 GB micro SD card on my Galaxy S3. I originally had the device tethered to my desktop via the USB. Calibre recognized it until I tried to connect to CC, then CC kept giving me the Failed to Connect message due to another device being connected to Calibre. When I ejected the device and disconnected the USB, I was able to connect to CC, but the SD card doesn't show up in Calibre so that I can use the card to store my books. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
but the SD card doesn't show up in Calibre so that I can use the card to store my books. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
I don't have an SD card, but you should not be looking for the SD card in Calibre. Choose book locations in Calibre Companion (CC). Go to the menu in CC (...) and choose the Book formats and folders option to choose where various formats should be stored. They can all be stored in the same location if you wish.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-13-2012 at 05:03 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I am having a similar problem to another poster. I am trying to get Calibre and Calibre Companion to recognise my 16 GB micro SD card on my Galaxy S3. I originally had the device tethered to my desktop via the USB. Calibre recognized it until I tried to connect to CC, then CC kept giving me the Failed to Connect message due to another device being connected to Calibre. When I ejected the device and disconnected the USB, I was able to connect to CC, but the SD card doesn't show up in Calibre so that I can use the card to store my books. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Are you trying to "see" an external SD card in CC? If so, then you need to tell CC where that SD card is located. Go to the menu (the three dots), choose "book formats and folders", then the format (extension) that you want to change, then enter the name of the folder on your sd card where you want to store the books.

Manufacturers use different path names to access external cards, so I can't tell you what the name might be. A file manager app might tell you the name. On some devices, entering "/storage" or "/mnt" (without the quotes) in CC's dialog will give you a list of possibilities, but this is not at all guaranteed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote