Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Submaster
Submaster began at the beginning.

Device: Xperia Play + FBReader
Using Content_server to read (not get) books

Hi everyone !

Right now I'm conducting some experiments, trying to find solution for building
small intranet web-based library. I've tried a whole bunch of different software, until found that Calibre has it's very own web-based server and it's working perfectly.
But - that's just one part of what I want to have
Second part - is it possible to use web-access to Calibre for reading books ? Without having to download book, without even any client-side application ?
I've found some tool called Monocle, and even found it in Content Server - but I can't understand how to use it.
I'd appreciate any help
Submaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submaster View Post
Hi everyone !

Right now I'm conducting some experiments, trying to find solution for building
small intranet web-based library. I've tried a whole bunch of different software, until found that Calibre has it's very own web-based server and it's working perfectly.
But - that's just one part of what I want to have
Second part - is it possible to use web-access to Calibre for reading books ? Without having to download book, without even any client-side application ?
I've found some tool called Monocle, and even found it in Content Server - but I can't understand how to use it.
I'd appreciate any help
Most formats are a single container (file). To use (read) them, you download them in their entirety.
Calibre content server only serves (complete) books
Remote desktop viewing is not bandwidth efficient.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not yet, it's on my TODO list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Bookeen Diva, Kobo Clara BW
You could use the content server for browsing and an browser addon for reading the epub version of your books (EPUBReader for Firefox, MagicScroll for Chrome...).
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote