Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
stevenospam
stevenospam began at the beginning.

Device: PC & Kindle
Ebook Viewer cutting off the first 1 or 2 characters

I've been searching the forum, without success, and hope someone can help me. I converted Mastering the Art Of French Cooking from azw3 to epub using Calibre 1.6. I had already removed the DRM. When I bring the epub copy up in Ebook Viewer on my PC (Windows 7 64bit), the first two characters are cut off. I'm attaching a screen snip.

A copy/paste of the same information has all the characters:
1 tsp salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper
¼ tsp ground thyme or sage
⅛ tsp ground bay leaf
Pinch of allspice

I'm a Calibre newbie when it comes to margins etc. so please be specific if there is a setting I should change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	113319  
stevenospam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You may NOW have a Negative margin
Might be caused by stripping a Block quote on a Hanging indent (negative text-indent)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
stevenospam

@theducks
Thanks for the response but I have no idea where to look for the problem you mentioned, the syntax that would cause the problem or how to fix it.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable remove fake margins in the structure detection section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
stevenospam

Thumbs up Solved

Removing the fake margins did the trick. Thanks so much! I would never have figured that out on my own.
Advert