Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Barnabas
Barnabas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
PB 302. Mail and calendar sync?

Hi, everyone!

I am seriously considering buying a Pocketbook, not sure what version yet

It seams to Me, to be a product, with good support and a active development team. The software is, for Me, just as important as the Hardware, maybe more.

Well, my question is, is it possible to check mail (gmail) on the 302? and is it possible to sync the calendar? (all devices)

Barnabas.

Last edited by Barnabas; 04-01-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Question mark missing
Barnabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Hi Barnabas. The answer is a resounding "not yet" to both of your questions. With the Webkit browser, it should be possible to check your gmail account.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Barnabas
Barnabas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Thanks!

I have ordered a PB360. so the mail thing not so important right now, waiting for the 901 I think, but a syncable calender of some sort, would be great

Is it possible to port Linux apps to the device?
Barnabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Since the SDK is available and the OS is based in Linux there should be no trouble.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
ddriver
ddriver began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo or samsung e60
OP asked: "Well, my question is, is it possible to check mail (gmail) on the 302?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Barnabas. The answer is a resounding "not yet" to both of your questions. With the Webkit browser, it should be possible to check your gmail account.
Not sure I understand the response.

Will this unit perform a browser-based webmail function?

Is it dependent on the webmail being used?

Thanks for any insight.
ddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Even when GiK (Guys in Kiev) develop these features on new PBs, I'll have them turned off on mine... I love to read, not-interrupted by business mails and reminders during my reading...
But that's just me)))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Agreed, Yar. I have a blackberry for mobile communications, PIM, and music and the occasional game. I want my reader to focus on reading and activities directly related to reading.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote