Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Inexpensive case, cover, or sleeve for Nook Touch (STR)?

My favorite Nook STR cover is the Industriell Easel Cover, but the price (US$40) is over the top.

Has anyone found a simple case (zippered or non-zippered) or a non-zippered neoprene sleeve for under US$20 that fits the 6.5" x 5.0" x 0.5" (165mm x 127mm x 12mm) Nook snugly?
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Someone from the BN.com forum bought this zippered case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053H1S9C

Here's the thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...69176#U1069176
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
The Industriell Easel Cover also has a significant design flaw: the strap is several inches too short to make a good easel.

When used as an easel with the strap attached to keep it from collapsing, it holds the STR much too vertical for good reading when placed on a table.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
rc748
rc748 began at the beginning.

Device: Coby Kyros MID7015
Nook Simple Touch cover

I found a company that sells neoprene sleeves for Nook Simple Touch for only $8.95 with free freight included at http://nuvo-tek.com
rc748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dealextreme has a few different options for cheap with no shipping costs:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protect...pc-black-47048

If you just want the neoprene-type bag.
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Someone from the BN.com forum bought this zippered case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053H1S9C
I bought a case made by Patogonia that looks very much like this Amazon one. I got it in Marshalls for $5. It is not a perfect fit for the Touch (as you can tell from the photos), but it works OK and the price is right.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Joe Minton
eReader
Joe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony 650, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, Nook: Touch/Glow/Color/Tablet
The Sony zippered sleeve for the PRS-650 is an excellent fit. It is thin and has stiffened panels front and rear for more complete protection of the screen. It lists for $25.

Joe
Joe Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
inexpensive case, cover, or sleeve?

found this in the kitchen - it's waterproof and clear - and cost US$0.09:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nt.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	74773  
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Touch Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
inexpensive case, cover, or sleeve?

found this in the kitchen - it's waterproof and clear - and cost US$0.09:
Does the touch screen not go mad with all of the touches from the inside of the bag?
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
not really, as the screensaver is set to 2 minutes, and all i get is a recycling of my cats' pictures
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
I have a small zipper pouch I ordered from thirty one. Tried it today and works great as a sleeve for the nook str. And it was only $2.31 with a purchase regular price $10!
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
M-edge has had the Nook touch models listed as "soon" for quite a while. Still waiting for them to show up.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
I bought the CaseCrown regal flip case for my Nook Simple Touch. I really really like it. Protects well, looks sharp, not too bulky, doesn't get in the way of anything, and holds the STR very securely.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055UEJWK

I highly recommend it.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
CarolynBG
Enthusiast
CarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmosCarolynBG has become one with the cosmos

Device: Nook, iPad, iPod, mac computer, various eReader apps on iPad and iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcheson View Post
I bought the CaseCrown regal flip case for my Nook Simple Touch. I really really like it. Protects well, looks sharp, not too bulky, doesn't get in the way of anything, and holds the STR very securely.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055UEJWK

I highly recommend it.
I looked at this one and its reviews on Amazon (thanks for the pointer!). It does indeed look pretty good. I'm needing to buy covers because I'm going to be putting these things in the hands of 3rd graders... the one concern I have is that some of the (admittedly few) reviews indicated this one is hard to snap closed. What's your feeling on that, especially if in the hands of 8-10 year olds? Is this a problem that might go away with use (i.e., loosening up just a little)?

Does anyone have any other recommendations for non-sleeve covers? (My feeling is that the sleeves, since separable, are much more likely to get lost; I want something the nook connects to, even if that does make it a little bulkier.) I'm also on a budget (very small grant) so can't really afford the $25 or $35 (or more) covers.
(If I could get something like the following: http://www.amazon.com/CE-Compass-Cov.../dp/B004A7ZEI2 but for the nook touch instead of the Kindle, I'd be happy.)

Thanks!
Carolyn B-G
CarolynBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Wrap it around toilet paper, duck tape the ends and you're all set. Or better yet, carve out a secret compartment in a thick book and use that as a cover.

But seriously, do you plan on playing a few rounds of table tennis now and then with it? If not, a sleeve (to keep off the dust) should be fine. What royal flip cases? Come on.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote