Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Bluedot
Bluedot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Hard case for the prs-350

Hello All,

My old RS500 broke down so I've bought a 350 as a replacement. The older Sony was broken because somehow the screen got damaged while it was in my backpack, even with the leather cover. So I'm looking for a hard case that I can use with the 305. After searching the forums and Google I still can't find anything suitable, does anyone have suggestions ?

Thanks.
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Someone mentioned using a tupper case for their backpack. Safe and cheap.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
The CaseLogic case for the PRS300. It uses elastic in the corners, so the smaller size of the PRS350 shouldn't matter. It has nice padding over the screen and solid sides, but is still small and light weight. Mine protected my Astak PocketPro on deployment to Iraq, even though it lived in the outer pocket of the backpack and was frequently dropped, squashed and otherwise abused. The only thing it doesn't have is a convenient (flat) place to attach a reading light.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
The most irritating thing about the 350 is finding a case. Not ONE store in Utah has a PRS-350 case. They all (RC Willey, Best Buy, Walmart) have tons of the PRS-300 cases, but not a 350 case.

How does Sony expect this model to take off when you can't even find protection for it?

Anyway, I saw the Case Logic one at Sears and while it looks like it will offer great protection, it's just too bulky for the tiny 350. I've ordered the original Sony cover for the 350 from the web and am impatiently waiting on delivery.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Bluedot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Someone mentioned using a tupper case for their backpack. Safe and cheap.
Good idea, now to find a shallow one.
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

please suggest a brand and show some pictures when you get it.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Tupperware is a brand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck View Post
please suggest a brand and show some pictures when you get it.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Hi,
Please consider the BookArmor case for the 350. I had one for the 505 and now with my 950. It offers incredible reader screen protection and is easy to use.

Photos of the unit are also shown in the listing:

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor350.htm
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Bluedot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
Hi,
Please consider the BookArmor case for the 350. I had one for the 505 and now with my 950. It offers incredible reader screen protection and is easy to use.

Photos of the unit are also shown in the listing:

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor350.htm
The reviews mentioned that it's far too big for the 350.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

without taking out the calipers. Does any one have a detailed spec of the exact dimensions of various nooks and crannies of the 350? Maybe we can design a snap/slip on case via ShapeWave.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #11
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Hard-Cas...79743715710168
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote